BEST LINES OR QUOTES IN ANYTHING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheWarPathGuy, Aug 17, 2018.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There goes the last lingering thread of my heterosexuality. - Aunt Patti: The Simpsons

The doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me. - Homer Simpson: The Simpsons

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sidewings

Sidewings Victim Of Boredom 2

But looking at you today-- like this--your head's going to off your body before you even make it to the prom. You don't want to be Spider-Man anymore? Fine What else you going to do? Go work at Burger King? I have. You don't want to. you hit the lottery kid. People would kill to be you. Literally. I'm much smarter than you...so listen to me. Take some time off. Just because you are Spider-Man doesn't mean that you have to be Spider-Man every single second of every single day of your life. It's not your fault that some destructive idiots turns themselves into things they can't control. You hear me? You are not responsible for everything and everybody. Calm down. You are like a little gerbil.- Nick Fury ,,Ultimate Spider-Man" 39

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

"What's my name?"
    "Who fucking cares?"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Star Trek IV (again)
    Checkov: Nu-cle-ar WESSELS

Ghostbusters II
    Janosz Poha: Why am I drippings with goo...?

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I saw this text regarding 40K

"Because the Wolves kill cleanly, and we do not. They also kill quickly, and we have never done that, either. They fight, they win, and they stalk back to their ships with their tails held high. If they were ever ordered to destroy another Legion, they would do it by hurling warrior against warrior, seeking to grind their enemies down with the admirable delusions of the 'noble savage'. If we were ever ordered to assault another Legion, we would virus bomb their recruitment worlds; slaughter their serfs and slaves; poison their gene-seed repositories and spend the next dozen decades watching them die slow, humiliating deaths. Night after night, raid after raid, we'd overwhelm stragglers from their fleets and bleach their skulls to hang from our armour, until none remained. But that isn't the quick execution the Emperor needs, is it? The Wolves go for the throat. We go for the eyes. Then the tongue. Then the hands. Then the feet. Then we skin the crippled remains, and offer it up as an example to any still bearing witness. The Wolves were warriors before they became soldiers. We were murderers first, last, and always!" – Jago Sevatarion

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    "Sons of Gondor!

Of Rohan!

My brothers.

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.

An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day!

This day we fight!

By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"

Aragorn's speech before the black gates of Mordor The Lord of the rings : The return of the King.

Dilios: And so my king died, and my brothers died, barely a year ago. Long I pondered my king's cryptic talk of victory. Time has proven him wise, for from free Greek to free Greek, the word was spread that bold Leonidas and his three hundred, so far from home, laid down their lives. Not just for Sparta, but for all Greece and the promise this country holds.

Dilios: Now, here on this ragged patch of earth called Plataea, Xerxes's hordes face obliteration!

Spartan Army: HA-OOH!

Dilios: Just there the barbarians huddle, sheer terror gripping tight their hearts with icy fingers... knowing full well what merciless horrors they suffered at the swords and spears of three hundred. Yet they stare now across the plain at *ten thousand* Spartans commanding thirty thousand free Greeks! HA-OOH!

Spartan Army: HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH!

Dilios: The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Greek. This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny and usher in a future brighter than anything we can imagine.

Dilios: Give thanks, men, to Leonidas and the brave 300! TO VICTORY!

Dilios' final speech in 300

• Like Like x 1
  7. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Kevin Smith appeared on Joe Rogan's podcast few months back and spoke of his heart attack that had happened earlier in the year and shared this quote from Neil Gaiman's Sandman graphic novels, spoken by the character of Death:

lifetime.png

It's probably my favorite episode of Rogan's podcast and well worth watching in its entirety, even if you're not a Kevin Smith fan.

Attached Files:

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

"I hope you appreciate, Kal-El, that everything that happens from this point is on your head. The skies will rain fire, the oceans will boil, the streets will run red with the blood of billions. Only then, when your last pitiful hope has been extinguished, will I end your life.

Let's go."

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Darkseid: You still try to fight. Can't you see that it's hopeless?

Superman: That man won't quit as long as he can still draw a breath. None of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard. Always taking constant care not to break something. To break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment, or someone could die.

[Darkseid tries to attack, but Superman knocks him back]

Superman: But you can take it, can't ya, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose, and show you just how powerful I really am...

• Like Like x 3
  10. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one in the history of torture has been tortured with torture like the torture you'll be tortured with! - Crowley, Supernatural

11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

"Little pig, little pig, stop stabbing my head,
    You can't kill something that's already dead!"

Pig monster from Tales from the Crypt

• Like Like x 1
  12. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    "Gohan....Grow...Up. you act like you're the only one suffering, but I believe Trunks has some stories for you, and I can assume they all end with "and then he died, too" . And before you start whining about your father, again, and I get it, take a moment and consider that my father made me a soulless killing machine to kill your father. And that doesn't even come close to the complete tragedy of fatherhood that is Vegeta. Cell was right. You think you're better than everyone else, but there you stand .The good man doing nothing, and while evil triumphs and your rigid pacsifism crumples into bloodstained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns. You are a coward, to your last whimper.

Of fear and love, I fear not that I will die, but all that I have come to love, the birds, and the things that are not birds, shall perish with me, so please. Gohan....stop holding back"

Android 16, Dragon ball abridged.

• Like Like x 3
  13. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Hhhnnnnnnngggg! Right in the feels!

• Like Like x 1
  14. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

"Sometimes you gotta kick a baby in the mouth and vomit."
    - Hank Hill

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  15. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Iron Man, standing outside the limits of a gamma irradiated area with the team in protective gear "Panther you wanna take point?"

Captain America, putting his arm up to stop Black Panther from advancing "Leaders lead."

Iron Man sighs "Thanks, Cap."

Cap and Vision, who is still a servant of Ultron at this time, separate briefly while fighting, and the rest of the team are incapacitated in a device of Ultron's.

Vision "Why do you keep fighting? You are but flesh and bone. I am a machine. You cannot win. What do you have to gain?"

Captain America "You think I'm fighting for me? To save my own life? That's why you'll NEVER win. I'm not fighting for me, I'm fighting for all of THEM, and that's something you'll NEVER UNDERSTAND, MACHINE!!!!!!!!" roundhousing Vision in the face followed by punches.

Captain America "It's the very thing that makes us human!"

Ms. Marvel, Vision, and Hawkeye take down a mind-controlled Iron Man's robotic Iron Man guard unit that is protecting a Quinjet they need to stop the mind control satellite.

Vision "That was of minimal difficulty."

Hawkeye "Did you just say this was easy?!? You NEVER say it was easy!!! EVER!!!"

Vision "Why?"

A mind controlled Thor appears in the sky with stormclouds and lightning behind him.

Thor "Your end has COME, betrayers!!!"

Hawkeye "THAT'S why..."

Captured, Captain America is restrained by electronic shackles as a Skrull interrogator enters the room, putting on a bladed torture glove.

Skrull "Perhaps there is something you'd like to tell us?"

Captain America "There is. Name: Rodgers, Steven. Rank: Captain. Serial Number: 54985870 and that is all you'll EVER get from me."

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sidewings

Sidewings Victim Of Boredom 2

Another Marvel quote
    Warning: It's quite long

Kingpin: People. The people who you risk your life for everyday. Why do you think they hate you?
    Spidey: The costume?
    K: They--
    SM: Oh wait, I know why. It's because I run a criminal empire and cloak in charity work and quote unquote ligitimate businesses and try to sell myself as something I'm not. No wait, that's you.
    K: They, society, hate you because they don't want your help. You remind them of how weak willed and sheep-like and unspecial they are. How gleeful they are, deep down, to be ordinary. They don't want heroes. They don't want special people around them. Because if there are special people and they aren't one of them-well who wants that? Who wants a constant reminder that they aren't even trying to be special?
    SM: Hmmm. Thing is. If that's true or not... (And I think simplistic and stuff...) But if it is true... I-- I guess I don't care.
    K: That's sweet. See, the diffrence between you and I is that you really are just a child. You benefit from the wide-eyed optimism of youth. I do envy you that, somewhat. But...like many of your decisions in life...it's just naive. And I don't envy that harsh cold slap of reality that will come your way soon enough. But I guess it's inevitable.
    SM: Oh man, here it comes.
    K: What's that?
    SM: You are about to tell me you have this- this amazing philosophy to justife your horrible life.
    K: People don't want to be special. I do think that. It is my philosophy. They- people want to be told what to do and how to live and they want men like me to tell them. They want to go to work and do as little as they can possibly get away with, and they want a big cookie at the end of the day for doing it. And they want men like me to give it to them. And if it wasn't me it would be someone else.

Source: ,,Ultimate Spider-Man" Warriors part 2 issue #80
    Frankly, stuff like this in EMH made Captain America my favourite Avenger.

• Like Like x 1
  17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Yeah, besides being the best iteration of Marvel's heroes to ever grace any screen, they nail Cap down perfectly.

• Like Like x 2
  18. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    “Ah, your brother blows bubble gum!”

-Bugs Bunny, “Bunker Hill Bunny”

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

Come on! I had all my shots! - Wakko Warner

20. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    “I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!”

-French Taunter, “Monty Python And The Holy Grail”

• Like Like x 3