Best Joker?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ROTF100694, Aug 24, 2009.

?

Best Joker?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2009.
  1. Mark Hamill (Batman TAS, Arkham Asylum)

59.9%
  2. Jack Nicholson

9.2%
  3. Heath Ledger

28.9%
  4. Ceaser Romero

2.0%
  1. ROTF100694

ROTF100694 Well-Known Member

I choose Hamill i find Heath's great but over rated.

2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Hamill. No contest.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

They all have their pros and cons.

Hamill has the voice, but it is just a voice and nothing more.

Romero was funny as hell, but the stash always ruined any close-ups.

Ledger was great and really captured the feel of the Joker as a character. Nevertheless, I don't feel his performance was Oscar worthy.

All that being said, Nicholson is my favorite. He was the Joker come to life on the big screen for me.

4. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    What!!!

Ledger.

5. ROTF100694

ROTF100694 Well-Known Member

Agreed his laugh is one that I would run and scream if I heard it while walking down the Asylum not as much with ledger (still a good Joker don't get me wrong).

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Hamill, just because he sounds the part in every possible way and none of the others could top that. He is what every Joker should sound like, and whenever I see the comics joker, I imagine his voice, because it just fits so perfectly with the look and personality of the character. That's something Jack or Heath could never do.

Second was Jack, who made a good Joker, but really, he was just Jack Nicholson, but he didn't have anyone to compete with.

Ledger is third, but he really wasn't that good to me. He was too creepy and not very funny. (also, my mum and Bro in-law pointed out that they think he's really just doing a poor impression of Hamill's Joker) people say he's so fantastic, but he's not, really. they tried too hard to make him scary wheras the Joker's never had to try to be scary, he just is when you see his sick sense of "humour." And that's the thing, Heath ledger's Joker was never about "the joke", he was just a random crazy guy. There was never a punchline, justy a random sicko who got off on making people inhumane. That's fine for a villain, but not enough the Joker.

I've never seen a lot of Romero, but from what I have, his goofy madfness isn't as offset by Batman as it could be, so it's really hard to see him as anything besides silly, and not in a good way.

7. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hamill. I feel that his portrayal truly blends the line between silly and comical, and downright creepy. The flashback scene from ROTJ is still more or less my favorite Batman anything.

8. star_ling

star_ling Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree on the funning and screaming thing. Hamill will always be the number one Joker, while I did enjoy Ledger as well as he made the character a lot more serious. Like when I was a kid he alwasys seemed more funny than scary/intimidating, Ledger gave you a Joker to be afraid of. I don't know why I never warmed up to Jack, perhaps for a long time I was convinced the second Burton movie was better than the first (I know I was young). So I know he was a good joker I just haven't realized it yet.

Oh I like american Godzilla too,that was a great cartoon.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Well said about Hamill. Who knew Luke Skywalker would become the Joker a decade later?

Live Action wise- Ledger- Like Nostalgia Critic pointed out in his first Old vs. New, Ledger not only brought his own version of the Clown prince of Crime, but combined most of the elements that made his predecessors memorable. Plus, he has many stories to tell you how he got his scars as well as a pencil trick no other Joker did.

10. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Hamill all the way,mainly because for about 3 or 4 years i would watch batman with mark hamill in it...heath's joker is second.

11. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Mark Hamill. To this day I'm still surprised that a Star Wars actor did the voice of the most famous Batman villain.

12. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. Jack Nicholson because its fucking JACK NICHOLSON

2. Ceaser Romero because he was the first and he was the blue print for all of them

3. Heath Ledger gave me chills and did a great job.

4. Mark Hamill is the last on my list but he is the closet to my heart. that bein said he looks nothing like the joker but IMO has the best joker voice.

13. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heath Ledger of coruse

14. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Some sense here.

15. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    no offence to any heath ledger fans but....if he never died he would not have gotten any oscars and would not be as loved by so many people.

16. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    none taken

17. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Same.

18. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

Tough choice. Heath is the best live action Joker, while Mark is the best animated one. Kevin Michael Richardson was good, but not as good as the Hamm! Ceasar Romero embodied the perfect Joker for that time, but Joker has changed. As for Jack, well, in my opinion, he just played a flamboyant Jack Nicholson. Good, but nothing to write home about.

19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ledger was dynamite but Hamill is still my favorite. That laugh is pure insanity.

20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

1) Heath Ledger. Because... well, because I've seen the film he was in. There's just no comparison to anyone else.
    2) Cesar Romero. Magnificently mad, and perhaps just a little scarier than you'd expect from the '60s Batman. Plus, ya gotta admire a man who applies makeup over his moustache.
    3) Mark Hamill. The voice is great, no denying it. He'd be higher on the list, but I can't justify rating a solely vocal performance over people who've had to do the whole role.
    4) Anyone else who's ever played the Joker. This includes people putting on a rented Joker outfit for parties, or kids trick-or-treating at Halloween.
    5) Jack Nicholson. Ugh. Can't stand the man, and his version of the character was just wrong. Yeah, what the Joker has always wanted is to kill Batman and take over Gotham's gangs. I think that was his aim up until the '50s or thereabouts. Not really sure why you'd use that as the basis for the character in a modern film.