Best goku figure?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sidewave, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Sidewave

Sidewave Autobot

News Credits:
    So i'm trying to find the best goku figure available (and vegeta), for at the most around $15 each. Scalewise I'd like it to be anywhere from 4 to 6 inches and and I'd like it to have some decent articulation. I was looking into the ultimate collection series but it doesn't have elbow joints or wrist swivels. Any help would be appreciated

2. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Well for the ultimate articulation at the scale, you should go for the S.H. Figuarts Goku. However, it'll cost a bit more than you're looking for at around $30-45.

3. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Of the ones I have Hybrid SS Goku. Have a few of the older bandai & irwin stuff. Not sure about more recent items. Kind of moved away from collecting DBZ themed toys/figures.

4. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can check out this thread on DaizenshuuEX for a retrospective of various Goku figures. This was from before the S.H. Figuarts and the Master Grade model, but those are both outside of your established budget anyways. I'd specifically check out the last two on the list, the Ultimate Figure Series Goku and the Hybrid Action Goku. Both of these also have at least the SSJ versions as well and there is a matching Vegeta in both lines.

That said, if you're willing to spend more money, you won't get better than the S.H. Figuarts version.

5. UMC

UMC Huh?

News Credits:
    I'd say the best could be the Medicom Goku but that at least 70 and it taller than 4 to 6 inches

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
  7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think that's the best version of "regular" i.e. non SS of him so far but he's kind of small around 4-5 inches? Slightly bigger than the 3 3/4 inch Joes. IMO I think the S.H. Figuarts version is the best. I'm just waiting for the "regular" i.e. non SS version to be released.

8. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

i am also looking for 4-6 inches well articulated vegeta figures, the one i am looking forward is the SH Figuarts vegeta which hasn't been released yet. i choose not to get the ultimate collection series because of its lack of articulations at the elbows and legs...plus they are really small!

i have 2 vegeta at the moment:

1. Ultimate figure series Super Saiyan vegeta
    http://www.zangeki.com/pic/figure/dragonball/ultimate_figure/05/ssvegeta_2.jpg

this one is slighty taller and has much better articulations than the ulimate collection series. it has elbows, knees, ankles as well as your standard articulations. there is no wrist swivels but you can turn the gloves 360 degrees. as you can see from the pics in the link, the lack of paint apps is what i don't like on this figure, also the head scuplt is not that great...but still a decent cheap figure. another problem with this one is they didn't paint the underarm so when you raise his arms you can see the white plastic!!! also the blue plastic they use on his legs are of different shades than his body.

2. DragonBall Kai Vegeta: http://www.animez-store.co.uk/ekmps...i-ultimate-figure-series-vegeta-[2]-293-p.jpg

it has basically the same body mould just different head scuplt (non supersaiyan)and paint apps. this one is also cheap is much better than the above (imo a better head scuplt and panel lining on his armour really bring out the details). they also painted the underarms blue on this one and the same shade of blue is used on his whole body. i love this one! i am not sure whether they have release a supersaiyan version... but there is a black hair Goku one which doesn't look too bad.

also you can interchange the armours and hands between the 2 figures above as they are the same mould.

i also have the SHF SS Goku which is very nice (you can actually do the kamehameha pose), but its over your budget.

9. Sidewave

Sidewave Autobot

News Credits:
    Where can i get the dragonball kai vegeta? I tried searching ebay and couldn't find anything

10. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member