Best find? Something you passed up you regret?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rockmoreno, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Rockmoreno

Rockmoreno Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was thinking about some of the stuff I've gotten over the years at shows, eBay, garage sales, etc. My very best find was at a storage unit where I bought seven containers filled with 1980s tfs, tmnt, mask, GI Joe, etc.

I also remember passing up a huge misb TF lot at a toy show about ten years ago. I thought it was pricey, but it turns out it was dirt cheap now!

So...what is your best find story? Or what do you still kick yourself about?

2. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    i saw a universe hardhead MISB at a TJMAxx for $15 i can't remember why, but i debated geting it, and then when i finally made up my mind, of course it was gone.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Several cheap 2006 Botcon Primals and Megatrons on Ebay.

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    HFTD Tomahawk. I saw him in Walmart ONCE, then never again.
    And, Masterpiece Prime. Twenty Bucks at Walmart. That was when I was young, and favored the smaller robots. IE energon hotshot? Energon Demolisher?
    What the hell was I thinking...

5. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best find? Heck, no idea. I just enjoy going to the US or the UK and seeing TFs on the shelves that I can buy. Every time I walk into a Target, a Walmart or a Toys R Us (roughly 3 times a year) is an awesome experience for me :) 

6. Shockwave-the-Magnificent

Shockwave-the-Magnificent Plus-size Class

Best and worst kinda go hand in hand for me. Best was when the old Walmart I worked at in Georgia had all of their MP Skywarps on clearance for $5 a piece. Yeah - FIVE DOLLARS. I bought 4. Kept 1 and sold 3 on eBay. My regret, not buying more! There must have been 20 of them there.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

"RiD" Smokejumper and Dreadwind.

Saw it at Target once. Never saw it again. Ever.

8. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Couple of Ebay sightings I regret letting go:

Machine Gun Robo that inspired Actionmaster Treadshot

Oversized Machine Wars Thundercracker

9. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Some of my best finds were with HTFD and RTS wave 1. I managed to find these in my area which has had horrible distribution for the last year months and i mean months before they saturated the market. Granted the trade of was no RTS wave 2 still in my area but thanks BBTS i have those figures as well.

10. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    still pondering if I have enough cash for a 70euro Nucleon Quest MIB :( 

11. UNI Prof

UNI Prof Well-Known Member

Regrets:
    -Damaged box Unicron at TRU. I debated it, decided to wait, came back and it was gone.
    -Getting into Animated late. Endcaps full of TFA clearance at Target that I didn't purchase. There were probably 50+ Jetfire/Jetstorm boxes alone.
    -waiting an extra 2 seconds or so to purchase Wheeljack and Thundercracker from HTS.

Win:
    -ROTF Devastator for $40 on clearance at Target
    -TFA Blitzwing on clearance at K-mart.

12. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Best Find: I got a few good ones, maybe the best so far, 30 figures for 30$ which included Ldr Cybertron OP, Alternators Ravage, Cybertron Jetfire. Another one was a complete Supreme Starscream for 20$

Kick myself now: got a few of those. Just recently passing not once for about 7 times to get United FrenzyRumble, when everywhere was sold out. Slept on it, then they sold out.

13. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

My best find was maybe Classics Ironhide. He's not the best Classics figure, but it's Ironhide. I wasn't collecting when he was released, so finding him for $8 on a K-Mart peg last year was pretty nice.

14. Rockdown

Rockdown Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not buying classics Cliffjumper when it was released and still very cheap. I purchased one recently on EBay for the devils horns set. It was far from cheap.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  15. Bynx149

Bynx149 Member

Ebay:
    Regrets: - A Transmetal 1 Megatron at my store(I worked at a Zellers) on Clearance for $5.00. I got there too late. I was kicking myself for the longest time.
    - A clearance Animated Leader Ultra Magnus for just under $40 at a small General store near my apartment before christmas. Really should have bought one.
    - A Power Rangers Dragon Dagger from way back when. Found one at a small store near my cottage for under $30. Didn't have any money at the time, and couldn't convince my parents to front me the cash. That one really sucked.

Best Finds:
    - Titanium Series Beast Machines Cheetor in a Wal Mart for $10. This was maybe a year ago. probably one of the best random finds I've had in a while.

16. havanowoncheese

Though of regrets on figures that i passed. A lot of animated. I have gotten some animated on clearance but i would love animated leader Megatron might have to shop around for one.

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    seeing tons of classics on shelves at target while I was in college at clearance. Then now having to pick up loose ones at twice the price.

Best deal? Probably about a few months back picking up all 3 versions of the FP commanders + PE shadow warrior + igear CC upgrade set + Henkei OP, UM, and NP for 380$.

18. havanowoncheese

Wow Exomega thats a helluva of a good find

19. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Regret-Totally forgot to watch the end of an auction for a red Diaclone Sunstreaker. Totally went passed it and forgot about till late last night. Could've been an easy won.

Best find? Hmmmmm, probably my chromed Kaltor.

20. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    This Guy

[​IMG]

Damn you my brother!, He was gonig to buy Prime for Christmas 2009 But Then He saw a PSP Game and Bought the Game Instead, and the Irony si that he NOW HATES THAT GAME

ah well at least i have my battle hook prime coming on its way (i won him i na contest in youtube) but CANADA POST DUDES REFUSES TO SHOW UP

for best Find, ROTF Leader Jetfire in Cleanrance (650 to 100)