Best final fight

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LesterX, Jul 17, 2011.

?

Which series had the best final fight between Optimus and Megatron

Poll closed Aug 28, 2011.
  1. G1 - "One shall stand, one shall fall."

57.4%
  2. Cybertron - "You will always lose, Galvatron."

10.2%
  3. TFA - "My name is Optimus Prime!"

16.7%
  4. DOTM - "Who would you be without me?"

15.7%
  1. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

This poll needs an 'Other' option.

My favorite Final Showdown Wolud either be from

Transformers Armada Mortal Kombat. Megatron's Sacriface however = WTF?!
    or
    Beast Machines Endgame part.3 Optimus Primal takes down Megatron by sacrificing himself.

Say don't both these fights span a whole Episode?

EDIT: I have voted in the poll also based on the options available.

2. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Okay, I just went and watched Armada's 'Mortal Combat' ep. fully for the first time...I don't see the appeal personally; the damage etc is better than the G1 fight (which was my vote), but the dialogue is just plain terrible IMO - maybe watched on mute it's not quite as bad..

I'd still rank BW, BM and DOTM (this includes Sentinel's involvement in the fight) above Armada. The forest battle in ROTF has to be my favourite Transformer fight, though obviously it's not an option.

Remember this is just my opinion though; not trying to offend anyone! :) 

3. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You have atleast watched the fight. Bearing that in mind your opinion is greatly valid.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

Just becausew many of these charecter share the names of the originals doesn't me the same.

I mean look at Beast Wars you have a totally different Inferno and Silverbolt. BM has a different Thrust, RID has a different Scourge, Armada has a different Wheeljack and Scavanger....etc...etc)

5. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You could not have put it better.

With all the talk of this Armada...and mortal combat stuff, I went and watched em...I thought they were pretty hokey.

Still....Just no comparison to G1 movie battle. Megatron and Optimus really fought to each others death in that fight. Optimus died...and megatron was so badly wasted he needed to be completly rebuilt..

6. LesterX

LesterX Banned

I greatly appreciate all of your opinions, but this for final battles of the characters in their respective series. Armada is linked to Cybertron, so it is not the final battle.

7. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    One shall stand one shall fall is the iconic Prime vs Megs fight.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

The dialogue itself is not so bad, but it isn't delivered very well. In that sense, I think it detracts. I'm wondering if it sounds better in Japanese. Still the best choreographed TF battle of all time. If you're only weighing it on dialogue... that kind of misses the point. ;) 

The problem with the TFTM86 fight was that it subscribes to the "tell, don't show" method.

We don't SEE them fighting within an inch of their lives. We don't SEE a titanic battle, pushed beyond the limits of what we've seen before. We don't SEE their impressive combat prowess. We don't really see any of that demonstrated meaningfully... we are just TOLD. We are told that they have critically wounded each other. We are told that they are exhausted from this gruelling, desperate struggle. We are told that this nondescript ray gun would finish Prime. None of it is conveyed in an experiential way. It's like watching a highlights reel from a real fight. :) 

Compare that to Prime ripping of Megatron's tank treads, or Megatron shivving Prime with his hidden switchblade, or hoisting Prime into the air and PLOWING him in an arc through the ceiling and floor, or Prime breaking off Megatron's antlers and slashing him with them... that stuff is frickin' GOLD. :D 

Each series has its own "Final Battle". The fact that a sequel happens afterward (in this case, a sequel that might barely even be considered related) is fairly irrelevant.

Strictly speaking, I don't think Cybertron was REALLY supposed to be the sequel to Energon, so technically the duel in Energon would be the real final battle between Armada Prime and Megatron... by your definition, at least. I think that many, if not MOST fans, don't really consider Armada/Energon/Cybertron to really be one series.

zmog

9. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Of the options listed I guess I'll go with TF:TM, for the weight it carried and the way it changed everything if nothing else.

However, the BEST final showdown in transformers history was between Depthcharge and Rampage in Beast Wars. I mean those two really hated each other, both were driven almost to point of madness by their past meetings and both where happy to die just so long as the other didn't survive. Then Depthcharge drives a spike of pure raw energon into Rampages spark... ...that was epic on a whole new level.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    The point of the thread is apparently Prime vs Megatron, which is why Beast Machine's Prim*al* fight isn't included (racist). If we were extending it to any character's final fight, well, Code of Hero....

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll go along with the Armada final battle as the most viscerally impressive.

Of the available choices, I went with TFA, mainly for the emotional content of Optimus near-literally pounding some respect into Megatron. TF:TM was a good battle, but only superficially more 'special' than many other cartoon one-on-one fights. Cybertron just annoyed me with all the "I'm near death (pissed off burning justice) now I'm great!" so prevalent in that series. DOTM was more about Sentinel Prime, so Megatron's 'final battle' was {SPOILER :)  } pretty much "Prime, how would you-WHA? (flip, THOK!, RIP!, dead.)"

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Endgame, Part II. Very powerful, Animated Prime proving he's worth Megatron remembering his name. "My NAME is OPTIMUS PRIME." And I absolutely love that in the final battle, Megatron finally acknowledges Optimus as a threat. "...at LEAST I'll get the satisfaction of destroying YOU, Optimus Prime!!!" "YOU HAVE INTERFERED WITH ME FOR THE LAST TIME, OPTIMUS PRIME." Just amazing.

13. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    that G1 fight was the start of a legend.

14. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I love the final fight in Armada, it was just so epic, the way it was drawn, the idea of it, and the way it was put together, with great character development as well. Also both looked really bad ass in that fight.

15. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Simply the best " G1 - "One shall stand, one shall fall." if you ask me.

16. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Of course I understand that the intention here was Prime vs Megs but as the title is "best final fight" Depthcharge/Rampage was the first thing I thought of. As for Dinobot, it was his final fight but it wasn't a really a "final showdown" like the spirit of this thread suggested.