Best experience buying toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by havanowoncheese, Aug 14, 2012.

1. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Since we have the worst thread going i figured we should also do a best experience with a store worker thread.

My best experience buying toys happened at a target. I was in line for a cute cashier and i cant remember which tfs i was buying but when she started checking me out she started to talk about her transformer collection! Awesome! Needless to say we talked tfs for a minute and a little flirting was the end of it but it was definitely a great toy buying experience.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    You didn't drop her your number!?! That chick sounds like a gold mine!

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I was at a random import store and managed to get myself an MISB Wildride.

4. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    recently I went to a store that specializes in 3rd party products and japanese toys (Ages 3 and Up in vancouver)- I don't have anything like that in my city, and when I told the owner I was from the boards he took me around the store and we talked TF's for hours. definitely my best TF toy buying experience (left with a battle tanker- seriously considered buying the hegemon they had but the guy really swayed me away as he said it literally scales with nothing)

5. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

My best experience was finding EVERYTHING I was looking for in one sitting (or standing:lol ) And I guess this could count, a younger kid was looking at TF at the same time I was & we kinda chatted a bit to each other about what we were looking for, he was funny :) 

6. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Picking up FE Cliffjumper and Vehicons at Yodabashi Camera in Akihabara, Tokyo, Japan. Felt like I was a kid back in the 80s with seeing so many TF toys lining the shelves on both sides of the aisle. Also Striker Optimus and the exclusive Battle Blades at Japanese TRU, along with Encore #20 G1 Devy and HA Soundwave during the holidays last year. Definitely a Christmas/New Years to remember.

7. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

My best experience was at my local Walmart during last years Black Friday sale. They had a skid of the PCC 5 packs with an add on 2 pack for $10. I went specifically to see if there were any Spast... I mean, Overrun sets, and when I got there the pallet was surrounded my Mom's waiting to strike. The Walmart employee assigned to cut the shrink wrap at midnight started up a conversation with me about the red voyager DOTM Ironhide I had in my hands. I told her about the sole set I was interested in, and she located one right near the top of the pile. When the bell rang, she told everyone to stay back till the wrapping was totally off, and right as she finished, she grabbed the Overrun set and handed it back to me as the swarm hit. Needless to say, I would have been left with the Protectobot set with Huffer attached.

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I remember just 6 years ago when toys were actually on shelves and actually had variety. Now, there's barely any Transformers at my stores.

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    When I finally found RiD voyager wave 2.

I ran into K-Mart, and saw 4 voyager boxes. I felt dissappointed, as Prime was first in the row. But then I pushed him aside, saw Bulkhead, pushes him aside, saw Megs, pushed him aside, and finally purchased Starscream.

10. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Yeah, the big Japanese chains still do it right. I kicked myself for not picking up some other things while I was there, like Takara Sidearm Sideswipe, Digital Label Broad Blast (Blaster), and HFTD Highbrow. I did eventually get the first two elsewhere but for higher prices. But that's offset by the fact that my wife (bless her) got me Jetwing Optimus as a surprise birfmas present at the time, so it's all good. XD I'll be headed back to Tokyo again soon so I expect to feel like a kid in a candy store, lol.

11. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a tie for me.

The day I found all of the 1st wave of movie toys in 2007. I didn't grab a cart or basket on my way into Target that day so I walked up to the counter carrying a pile of toys that I could barely see over. I had a complete s**t eating grin on my face.

The second was launch day for ROTF toys. Or rather the evening before. TRU had the soft launch at 8pm the night before. I was smart enough to grab a cart that time. I also got to meet a couple of guys from the boards that evening.

12. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I ask, "Do you have Cyberverse Wave 3?" to the toy aisle attendant. She leans over, giggles a little, and says, "Let me check in the stockroom." She comes back, and Flamewar is nestled between her breasts.

I mean, I wish that would happen.

13. Timesynch

News Credits:
    ^ Was it MOSC? If so, I'd be impressed. XD

14. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Probably when I went to Target to get my Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack. Looked around at first and didn't see anything. Came out of an aisle, looked to my left, and what is now considered a mountain of gold was too my left. Really wish I would've had the foresight to buy more than just one...

15. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    You know it.

16. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Did she tell you to grab it right where it was?

17. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    My best experience when it comes to paying, was when I saw in the NC sighting page about somebody seeing TFP voyager Bulkhead at a Target. So I called that store and had them hold it for me. I've never seen that figure at all after I got it.

The best experience ever for me, was when Hasbro online had a glitch and I got 14 transformer figures for free. I still remember the tears going down my face from laughing so hard. I got $226.62 worth of transformers for free, that was the best experience of all.

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Didn't that happen to a lot of people last year?

19. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, I remember members talking about it in July 2011. That's how I found out about it, I was up all night and was about to head to bed and checked out the site one final time. Notice it was still going on and took my chance with it.

Had I known Hasbro would of sent the stuff, I would of done more.

20. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    :lol 
    Now I wonder if that helped cause rising prices...