Best Decepticon leader

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Takeshi357, Sep 14, 2011.

?

Best Decepticon leader (besides Megatron)

1. Galvatron

20 vote(s)
    24.4%
  2. Shockwave

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. Ratbat

6 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Scorponok

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. Thunderwing

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Bludgeon

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  7. Deszaras

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. Soundwave

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    This has probably been done before...plus with so many variations of the G1 continuity, I'm just gonna leave out the weird alien ones from the Japanese continuity because they aren't even Transformers - and since Devil Z was the leader in Masterforce, Overlord isn't included for example. I'm also leaving out all the ones that were leaders for like five seconds *cough*Starscream*cough*.

So let's look at our contestants and why they qualify!

Galvatron: Duh. Whether you prefer his comic or cartoon version is up to you.

Shockwave: Beat Megatron to a pulp and basically remained the leader of Decepticons on earth after Megatron disappeared, ceded when Megatron came back and then became the leader again when Megatron blew himself up. Oops.

Ratbat: After Shockwave disappeared, being flung into the earth's atmosphere and all, Ratbat was more than happy to take over the Decepticon leadership on earth.

Scorponok: Started off as the leader of Decepticon Headmasters, Targetmasters and Pretenders, leading his own faction rivaling Ratbat's "old" Decepticons, he became the leader of the whole lot after the latter was killed during the whole Underbase mess. Was a magnificent bastard in the Headmasters anime.

Thunderwing: Appointed the leader by the Decepticon high council on Cybertron on the basis that he was crazy. See how well that went?

Bludgeon: Became the leader for being the highest-ranking surviving Decepticon after the battle with Unicron, all the way up to Generation 2.

Deszaras: Leader of the Decepticons during the Victory anime.

Soundwave: Got his big break in the alternate future presented in the UK comics after everyone else either died or disappeared.

2. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I think Shockwaves the most intelligent and effective. Galvatron would have been but his insanity was a liability.

3. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    My vote goes to the giant scorpion.

Second would be Soundwave, he always gets things done.

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Shockwave

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

It's a tough call, because the poll options vary wildy between introspective ineffectiveness to batshit insanity.

I can't in good mind vote for Shockwave as he has been too easily defeated at key moments, and his logic often left him open to attack from foes he accepted were superior. Same kinda goes for Scorponok - as strong and brutal and intelligent as he was, he broke down when the 'Cons needed him most although his character had one of the best arcs IMO (especially in the comics).

My favourite has always been Galvatron, just because he is one messed up dude who never just talks the talk. He walks it right up to your door and blows your house up whilst standing on your front step! Cares not one bit for any other being than himself. He was a massive twat but surely the most entertaining?

Soundwave and Ratbat are boooooooooooooooring, and Thunderwing well...like Galvatron, he had more than his fair share of issues, but due to his unhinged mental state he was never a credible threat.

For me, Galvy wins out simply due to being the most dangerous and likely to fuck you up.

6. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    I picked Shockwave, but I won't lie, I thought it was neat when Bludgeon was the leader, even if for a little while!

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I voted for Bludgeon, because he came the closest to finally beating the Autobots once and for all. He would have won if it weren't for a literal ACT OF GOD.

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RID Megatron/Galvatron.

9. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

I chose Shockwave Megatron is still the best but i think Shockwave comes in a close second what about Cyclonus?

10. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    Scorponok was the most competent leader of them all. Had an over arcing plan, bested the autobots multiple times and only had trouble well Galvatron was around.

11. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Galvatron merely for the insanity factor.

Made him entertaining both show and comic wise.

Effective wise I'd say Shockwave. He shined more in the comics.

Ratbat showed that intelligence instead of brute force could prove a capable leader.

Soundwave for me always was better left in the shadows. Plotting and scheming. At the same time keeping a close eye on both enemies and allies.

I'm rather indifferent towards the others. In other words I have not seen/read enough media with them as the focus.

12. Luka63

Luka63 Lukabot

I so badly want to say Soundwave... But in the end the title, in my opinion, goes to Shockwave.

13. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I voted Scorpinok. After all, Optimus Prime DID surrender to the Decepticons on his watch.

14. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

Shockwave all the way! I mean, he kicked Megatron's ass!

15. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    There is only one logical choice.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Shockwave man.....Shockwave. You know your logic would say so.

17. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Soundwave: Superior Everyone Else: Inferior

18. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Well, you gotta hand it to Ratbat - a cassette and a fuel auditor who became the leader solely because Shockwave was killed by accident - and he wasn't doing a half bad job leading either! Then again, Car Wash of Doom.

I voted Scorponok though on a character basis. Apart from the whole supervillain phase all Decepticon leaders seem to go through at some point or another, Zarak contributed a lot to his character arc, making the Headmasters miniseries a good read even despite I prefer the Japanese backstory over Nebulans, and he has probably one of the finest deaths in the comic's run.

19. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Galvatron - Marvel UK version - he kicked arse!

20. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

Shockwave, no brainer - took out Megatron, decapitated Prime, made GB Blackrock his bitch and was well on the way to colonising earth.

... and he would have got away with it to if it wasn't for those pesky tar pits.