Best Current IDW Ongoing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Cyberglyph, Aug 13, 2012.

?

What current IDW ongoing is the best?

1. More Than Meets The Eye

32 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. Robots in Disguise

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Regeneration One

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Cyberglyph

Cyberglyph I am the Nightshade

News Credits:
    So far, what do you think is the best ongoing to pick up? I just wanted some opinions for what the best is.

2. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mtmte

3. Dereka138

Dereka138 Bucket full of Bad Brains

I really dig the Evolutions: Hearts of steel.

4. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

Ive got the trades of MTMTE and RID so Im a bit behind on both but Ill have to go against the grain and say Im liking RID more at the moment.

MTMTE is excellent, it seems like it is a lot of fun and fantasy where no matter whats going on the characters are witty and sarcastic. This isnt a negative but its a huge contrast to RID where nobody is happy and there is no right decision to fix everything. Its constant politics and complaints from all sides. Everyone has to now deal with the fallout of a generation long war and even though the 'good guys' won, it doesnt automatically mean its the start of the next golden age.

The ideals the Autobots fought for havent lead to utopia, peace has left everyone uncertian of their purpose and freedom has given them a new sense of entitlement. It seems like it is dealing with more mature and complex themes and showing the fractious nature of free will. But like I said Ive only read a handful of issues from each so far so my opinion might change.

5. Grimm

Grimm Me Hungry!

MTMTE, Hands down.

6. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Personally, it's MTMTE. The book is about a quest, yes, but it does a great job of making it all about the journey to get there. It mixes high adventure, drama and a bit of comedy, all while excellently weaving in interesting subplots and new concepts, to create a must read book every month. It also does a great job of giving depth and personality to not only A-List Transformers like Hot Rod, Ratchet, and Ultra Magnus, but to C-Listers as well (who would've thought we'd love characters like Swerve and Rung?). I think many agree with me when I say it's hands down the best TF book out there right now.

7. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I think they scratch different itches. Overall, I can see why people say MTMTE is the best. It's the most balanced (plot, characters, darkness, humor, world-building). RID is like watching a political drama. I think I'd personally rate MTMTE slightly over RID as I think there's more content there, but I do loves me a good political drama.

Haven't dabbled with Regeneration since I never read the original Marvel comics, the UK comics, or G2. Without knowing anything about the series, it seems targeted at much older fans who read the comics growing up. Seeing as how I was born in '86 and grew up with seasons 3 and "5", it might just be out of my reach (unless I did some serious backtracking).

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Regeneration One is a nice walk in the park that culminates with whimsical romanctic splash in the nostaligia fountain.

RID is a trip to Disney Land and a great movie event in a high-class city.

MTMTE is like a magic carpet ride through the most wonderous places in the universe witnessing cosmic events and surprises and twists on a galactic scale.

9. Grimm

Grimm Me Hungry!

Yep. This.