best comic series?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by robb0429, Apr 28, 2012.

1. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to read some transformers comics, but there are so many I just dont even know where to go or start or even where to get them. I dont want to read the movie ones, but like i said, I dont even know what all there is. I know All Hail Megatron is a series...i think lol. could anyone like suggest their favorite series or is there like one that is usually accepted to be one of the best? I saw that they make "IDW" compilation volumes with black and white half-images of some characters on the covers, what are those? help would be much appreciated!

2. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wholeheartedly endorse purchasing the Last Stand of the Wreckers hardcover that recently came out. Before reading it, I would recommend tracking down Spotlight: Kup and All Hail Megatron: Coda #15, both of which set up events in LSOTW. Beyond that, I'd recommend Issues 22 and 23 from IDW's recent ongoing, which should be fairly easy to track down.

In terms of more recent stuff, you should definitely pick up The Death of Optimus Prime oneshot, after reading the stuff I've mentioned already. TDOOP is the perfect springboard into the ongoing series' that IDW is currently publishing, which are both pretty good.

I believe most of the above (bar LSOTW, which would be much better absorbed in print form) is available digitally from such sites as Comixology.

3. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    You can start with Darth Crusher's recommendations and then move on to More Than Meets the Eye, definitely the best TF comic on the stands now.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Target2006 might be an interesting place to start.