Best Classics Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SoundBlaster7, Dec 22, 2011.

?

Best Classics Rodimus?

1. Classics

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. Henkei

35 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Battle in Space

14 vote(s)
    15.7%
  4. United

16 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the Henkei reissue available and the United one on the way, I just can't decide which one to get. What would you say which one is the ultimate classics Rodimus?

2. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    if i had none, and didn't use the protector armour, the new united one looks the best to my eyes.

BiS is the worst by far.

3. Slip►Stream

Slip►Stream Seeker Clone

News Credits:
    I like the henkei and classics almost equally, with the Henkei having a slight edge.
    I haven't seen any high quality pics of the united version yet, so I don't know about that one.
    BiS is definitely the worst one, at least in alt mode, robot mode looks decent.

4. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

There you go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Any of them other than BiS version; by far the worst one out of the four.

6. Slip►Stream

Slip►Stream Seeker Clone

News Credits:
  7. SoundBlaster7

News Credits:
    Is the Henkei reissue as good as the first release? I know the paint on the canopy is mismatched with the rest of the body. How bad is it?

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Henkei>United>Classics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Battle in Space

9. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

Give it time, the figure hasn't been released yet. I imagine Repo Labels will have a fix for that eventually.

10. SoundBlaster7

News Credits:
    Yeah, the flames on the sides look off starting in the middle. He kinda looks too dark overall.

11. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    This.

But I have to admit the United is a very, very close second. Im really looking forward to his release, he will look great sitting in alt mode in front of my Henkei. Still not sure what will become of the BiS Rodimus sitting there now.

12. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're into Rodimus Prime more than Hot Rod, the new United deco's got his chest and trailer flames.

I think Henkei is a bit better than Classics, but they're similar enough that I'd go with Classics if you can get a much better deal for it than Henkei.

My personal recommendation is Battle in Space if it's still cheap even though Rodimus probably has the worst deco. You get a nice Cyclonus and you can decide if the Rodimus mold is even something you really want to pay any sort of premium for.

I really like the car mode of this mold, but I look at Animated and even the Kabaya candy Rodimus and can't help but feel that the Classics bot mode is a bit dated. It's not a bad figure at all though, and I think the United version looks really slick if you want to go for it.

13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Out of the options then Henkei definitely makes the best Roddy. If we're just talking uses of the mold then there are another four or so figures to choose from. He's a bit over-used now, I wonder if the forthcoming one will be the last shout before we get a new mold.

14. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    In my opinion all these decos have their charm (although I'm not especially fond of the mold). They're situational:

If you are getting one to represent Rodimus in the Protector Armor and you'll mostly keep him in bot mode, get Classics. The main plastic is colored almost identically, and his hood/chest is covered by armor so the design on his chest doesn't matter. Even if you don't like his orange spoiler, you can put the gold chrome spoiler extensions on him. Looks fine.

If you plan to display him with Protector but in alt mode, go with Henkei. He has a nicer chest/hood deco and still matches the armor/trailer.

If you are getting one to represent Hot Rod without armor, get Battle in Space. Although the chest design of Classics is closer to the toy of G1 Hot Rod than any of the other versions, the Anime BiS deco suggests youth a little better in my opinion though less technically accurate. The red plastic definitely clashes with the protector armor, though.

If you are getting one to represent Rodimus Prime, but not using the protector armor, get United. I actually think this version is the most attractive according to photos, but I wouldn't put him in Protector because the red plastic will probably clash. Plus, like Henkei, most of the details you're paying extra for would be covered up in robot mode with armor.

tl;dr: In armor, Classics. Out of armor, United. Probably.

Also I'd like to see some BiS/United yellow spoiler extensions. I actually like the yellow best.

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The Henkei. It's hands down.

16. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If you don't own any Rodimus, the Henkei is great, (I loves my shiny chrome!)
    The united looks decent to display as a stand alone. Right now I have one Henkei MISB, the other with Protector, classics Rodimus standing in as Hot Rod next to Protector and BiS on my overall classics shelf. Might try to sell my BiS Rodimus and get a United Rodimus to stand in his place though.

17. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I have a Henkei! Protector as Rodimus Prime, Challenge at Cybertron as Hot Rod, a Clear Blue United, a Side Burn, a Knock Off Wildrider, and I have a Battle in Space one that I may repaint, use for parts, or sell at some point.

18. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I was going to say Henkei but the United one looks better due to the extra paint.

The BiS/C@C version would probably be best if it had clear windows and was magenta instead of light red.

Randy

19. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sons of Cybertron. The gold spoiler just does something for me.

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

BiS/CaC is by far my favourite. I love the cartoon deco.