Best Buy has the full game to play in stores?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by King Henrik, Jun 16, 2010.

1. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just read this topic over at gamefaqs, the guy gets pretty detailed with his descriptions of the game, so it may be legit. I may have to take a trip to best buy sometime tonight.

Game Playable at Best Buy

2. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    I work at Best BUy and we do not have it for demo in our store. I haven't heard about us getting it early for demo through company email either.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do all Best Buys work in unison?

4. King Henrik

News Credits:
    read the guys description... there's no doubt in my mind he's played the game, but who knows if the best buy part is true.

5. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    Everything he said has been mentioned in interviews and hands-on previews.

Just saying.

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah he's got some details that sound interesting. Especially the Starscream boss battle.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Funny thing about that. Aside from showing the location where Dark Energon is made, High Moon has kept the stage a tight lid on locations save for the opening of the Autobots' campaign—we never see the Decepticons having a go; only the usual suspects: Optimus, Ratchet and Bumblebee. Sure we've seen fleeting seconds of odd locations and characters in between a few seconds of Trypticon and Omega Supreme, but everything else is same old same for a reason: to keep from showing us the entire story be it in the form of screen shots, interviews or trailers.

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I've never heard any of the stuff about the prison before.

9. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    I was only looking at the first page. Info on page two seems new and nore descriptive.

10. King Henrik

News Credits:
    that's why i linked the 2nd page :D 

11. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I would take this with a grain of salt. As mentioned before in other threads gamefaqs has problems with trolls.

12. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

IT could be he got someone to break street date and got the game that way, and just doesn't want to say how he/she got the game.

13. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Spoilers burn my eyes. It ruined a couple of things already that I would ordinarily have GEEK-GASMED about on the 22nd.

14. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    makes me glad i didnt look. could it be hes playing it st E3? i guess to me it makes the most sense that hes no lying

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just played the single player at Best Buy. I will definitely be buying this. And more than likely a copy for both systems.

16. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    dude details!!!!! You see Sideswipe? How is Prime??

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fucking Fuck fuck amazing. I know I may be overhyping it, and it's not the best game in the world or anything, but for Transformers fans, our moment is here.

Just hearing Bumble Bee talk to Prime and seeing them interact (lol and his reaction to Ratchet trying to heal him).

In a way it's nothing we haven't seen before in play videos, and I didn't want to play forever (Save from for next week). But the controls are tight, Transforming is QUICK and awesome, and I found myself doing more damage and kicking more ass as a vehicle. I love jumping, boosting, and then Transforming.

The BEST thing about campaign is something that Medal of Honor did a long time ago, and Killzone fans will be familiar with. Yes, you're the main character, but the war is all around you. You see cars speed by, Transform and engage something off screen. You'll see a bot get blown to hell and you can go up and heal them. The dialogue sounds great.

Then I tried the decepticons, and I won't talk about the story at all, but the first couple of minutes are awesome, great introduction to the characters we know.

Remember how intense TF TM 1986 felt in comparison to the regular episodes? That's what this felt like. Intense, dark Transformers story, and fast controls. The sound effects and weapons feel great and blowing up the cons gives a great satisfaction.

We got our game.

Of course it's not going to get a 10, by anyone, but if we were forgiving to ROTF, this is going to blow us the fuck away.

Sorry bro. No Sideswipe, but walking into Autobot headquarters, and seeing all the bots working, I took a stroll around while Jetfire was alerting Prime of our situation. I was looking closely and while some looked familiar, I couldn't place any of them, but they were unique-looking, not just drones.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  18. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I'm heading to best buy this Saturday. Thanks man. Question does Prime seem fast or big and slow?

19. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

I just came from my local best buy and they said they would have the game out to play sometime over the weekend. They had alot of stuff hanging up and setting around promoting the game coming out next week. The manager said they're not breaking street date by having the game out to play because its just that, letting people come in and try the game out. He also said that he and many other employees have been asked about the game and being able to play it for the past month and he aspects alot of people to come and get it and they might even do a midnight release for it. He said preorders where alot and costumers deserve to get it at midnght just like all the other games that come out.

I am liking the fact that all the stores around me, even thow they didnt get official word on doing midnight releases, they still want to do them, cuz they feel the game is worth it and getting it to the fans and costumers is #1 priority.

P.S. I will be there saturday to see if I can get a few minutes of the campaign in. I wont play alot of it, but just enough to see if I truly will like it. I like the demo, so I am sure I will like the multiplayer.

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sounds awesome dude. Problem is, I WOULD LOVE to preorder it as Best Buy for Jazz, but our best buy simply does not have a preorder for it. They say I just have to buy it the next morning.

This SUX, I am having withdrawls lol