Best Buy exclusive or pre-order exclusive?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by kibble, May 15, 2010.

1. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

So do you actually have to pre-order from Best Buy to get the Jazz download, or do you just have to buy the game there...early on, of course? I just went to Best Buy with intent to pre-order and the dude working didn't seem to really know what was what...he looked for a pre-order card, but didn't find one so he seemed to think you just had to buy it there when it comes out.

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the fine print says pre-order exclusive, so I'd go with that. I could see one of two things happnening: 1) codes will be given out to those who pre-ordered the game (no extra codes issued); 2) a set number of codes are sent to Best Buy to be sold with their batch first batch of games, which include pre-orders and lucky individuals able to purchase one with a code before they run out.

If you want to make sure you get one, pre-order.

3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I just ordered off the website to be safe...

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah I'd order on line... I find some staff at stores tend to hold onto the content unless you ask for it. I'm not saying that all stores are running a shady E-bay opp but when I pre-ordered CNC 3 the store I pre-ordered it from didn't give me my free t-shirt till I asked and pointed to the sign.

Saying that I've been to stores that if they had content left over would just give me the extra stuff

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Right here. My cousin pre-ordered Halo ODST for Sgt. Johnson, didnt get the code, and he had to go back to get the code with the reciept to prove it, but he couldn't because he'd opened the box. =_= So then there was all this confussion but he eventrualy got the code.

I really dont trust pre-ordering in stores, I'm happy with online. Not that I'm saying all staff are poor, but a lot at gameing stores who are young guys just dont.

6. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Never pre-ordered any game until now but I've always heard horror stories where people pre order the game, arrive on time and don't get the free item/code as the employees pretty much horded them for ebay or for friends.

I pre ordered my copy from Gamestop online and I'm having it shipped to me so none of that craptastic cashier bs for me.

7. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I like how they don't give PC any exclusive transformers.
    =-\

8. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Ahh yes, but think of all the mods that will come. You'll probably get all the characters and more...down the road.