Best Buy exclusive Megs and Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Thelonicon, Oct 16, 2007.

1. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Considered I am in the scenario that I did not own any Megatron , mainly the leader or the voyager; this limited edition exclusive from bb seemed to be the best looking I thought I would have... but too bad... where I am ..demand is almost always several times higher than supply... anyway I did thought that those ice on the voyager megatron look kind of weird or like feather... anyway it is not much loss without it... just felt that both bestbuy and hasbro like to screw us so much... better just forget it.. not falling into their materialistic trap... that is correct...

2. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Backscatter & I had a great hunting day, we were first in our Best Buy and first to check out with a 2 disc set for each of us, the lithograph & one of each of the Voyagers. I knew from my Chicago days it would be unwise to wait to get there.
    We also got the free caps at Circuit City when I picked up the HD version for co-workers.
    We then enjoyed the Blockbuster Popcorn while viewing the movie...Yep Backscatter has fully contaimnated me...but he says women who dig TF's are hot! LOL hmmmm

3. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I got to the Humble TX bestbuy about an hour after opening. I was thinking I would be screwed because there are hardly any TF's ever in that area of town. Parking lot was pretty bear so I thought I was boned as the scalper had came and gone but to my surprise I get in and there's an employee pulling them fresh from the case. Seems that the stockers had try to hide it and come back for it later but a manager found it and had them put out. They had about 10 from what I saw out of that 4 were megatrons and the rest rachet.

4. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. No

2. Yes, and why do you care?

I own a red shirt, and a black shirt, I guess I fell for Old Navy's LOL SUBLIMINAL MARKETINGGGG.... or I just wanted both colors.

A toy board is no place to have a hippie discussion about materialism. Now, there are people who feel that they MUST collect everything with the Transformers brand on it, regardless of whether or not they actually want it. Those people are sorry cases.

For the rest of us, we're getting a Megatron because we like it, and we want it. :) 

I even own multiples of the same figure, with the same paintjob. That might blow your mind, but I'm a prudent guy who likes having backups of his favorite things. I also like the value of a "cool display," so I might buy two figures to use two different accessories with and put into two different movie-specific poses.

For a guy with a quote like "Collection Count: Too many but still want more!" in his profile, you should know of the fun that comes with having lots of toys.

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm really disappointed by the mess with these figures. Locally, all three stores got just TWO of each figure, maybe less as I know each only got four figures TOTAL. There were 15 people in line already when I pulled up to the one I was going to a few minutes before it opened, and all the figures were gone instantly.

This is supposed to be Hasbro's ballyhooed launch of a wonderful specialty line. Some damned launch it was...

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went to Best Buy at about 4:30 P.M. They had four Ratchets left, but no Megatrons. :( 

But I love Ratchet!

7. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MY BEST BUY GOT 4 AND SOLD OUT BUT WHEN ASKED THEY SAID TO CHECK FRIDAY BECAUSE THEY WERE ACTUALLY GETTING MORE IN!

All hope is not yet lost, friends! Apparently this isn't just a one-time affair.

8. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My store rep said they weren't getting any more in. I'm hoping he said that out of ignorance. I'd really love to get a Ratchet to go with my Megatron.

9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I dunno, when I step back and look at it most of the movie figures have yet to be plentiful enough for me to even find the original versions, so shiny exclusive versions of them appeal to me on multiple levels.

1. I can actually get them when I see them.
    2. I really wanted a physical representation of each of the characters I saw on screen.

Combine that with the fact that this is as yellow as a Ratchet toy will ever be, and I was there. All over it. And rubbing my capitalist nose in it for good measure.

10. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did anyone ask if they could get a raincheck. It says nothing about being a limited release in the ad. It maybe worth a shot.

11. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

The guy at the store here said that it was a one time thing as well. I would love that not to be true. I would love it if demand dropped to almost nothing (comparatively, not everyone has access to a Best Buy of course), leaving all the eBay scalpers high and dry.

Oh... and I'd also like to actually OWN one of these :p 

I actually get Friday off this week, so I could be there at open... but they probably will have nothing. I would have tried have gotten today off instead, but I've got a project due tomorrow. :p 

12. Jetblast

Jetblast Powered by Honda

Yeah, that's smells fishy. The ad stated about limited numbers of the lithograph and the RH set, but I don't remember anything about a limit on the number of Voyagers.

13. Magnus P.I.

Magnus P.I. Member

Well, we got hosed up here in Canada by not getting them in in the first place. I was hoping there'd be enough stock of these figures that I could pick them up on my trip to Syracuse in two weeks, but it doesn't look like it.

Sigh, off to ebay for me I guess. I probably wouldn't even buy them if it wasn't for that announcement that there would be a full series of these metallic figures. I keep thinking how nice they'll look beside Robovision Prime.

I'm such a whore.
    :( 

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Went to Best Buy yesterday. They only had two Ratchets and one Megatron. I got Megatron, since I already had Ratchet. Good thing too, 'cause Megatron was a limited edition... he had metallic finish! Can't pass up the opportunity to buy something unique for my collection.

15. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well i emailed hasbro and by some luck a real person emailed me back saying they would have regular shipments but im not sure if that was the standard copy and paste answer or not

16. Elvio

Elvio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually walked around with Ratchet and Megs at my Best Buy before putting Ratchet back since he didn't look different enough. Ours got in five of each. Or so I would guess since there was no one there at open.

17. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Went to the BB by my house and asked about them, and they said they're not getting anymore in. The other BB I went to the other day told me to check back, since there was a werehouse somewhere that had a ton of them

18. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

Okay, so the guy at my Best Buy said they were DEFINITELY not getting more in.

I went back today... and they had more in. About 5 or 6 of each.

So don't believe the employees, call (or better yet go in) yourself to verify!

19. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went to mine and didn't see anything.

Anybody else seen something? I could use a Ratchet still, while many here at the boards would still like at least one of the exclusives.

20. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

damn, maybe i should pick them up..