Best Buy exclusive Megs and Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Thelonicon, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I went out to my local Best Buy this morning about 20 minutes before the store opened. I was the second person in the store and the first person buying Transformers.

However one thing I noticed was a severe lack of the voyager figures. In fact they only had 2 of each. I thankfully was able to grab one of each, but I wonder if anyone else's Best Buy got so few of them? Someone asked an employee while I was there and he said that is all they got.

2. <Crisis>

<Crisis> crisis contained

News Credits:
    I had class this morning and felt lucky when it ended early. I got to Best Buy about 30 minutes after it opened and Voyagers were all gone! Now I know why.

Unless they stock up on more, expect eBay prices to skyrocket.

3. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

I'm still annoyed. I was the second person into the store this morning. Turns out the manager had let his employees buy the toys before the store opened, leaving only one of each to put out for display.
    Same thing apparently happened at two other Best Buys in town.
    Also, aside from employee scalpers, all the local stores only got in 4-6 of the toys, and of those, very few of them were Megatrons.
    Is this another case of misjudging demand, or is Best Buy pulling their usual "limited numbers to keep customers pissed off and visiting multiple stores" crap?

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We only have one Best Buy in town but it's a whopper. They usually get high volumes of in-demand merchandise. By 10:15 they had about 4 of each. Glad I got up early.

5. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    Mine had only 2 of each as well. I bought the Megatron & saw a Best Buy employee take the other for himself. All they had left was 2 Ratchets. I got there right as they opened.

6. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Damn, I should of gone before school started. I'm hoping there's going to be some left when I get off at 12:15

7. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah Bestbuy on North Ave in Chicago only had one each. Grabbed a Megatron.

Also the Robot Heroes, thought it was only 10 sets per store, my store had at least 20!

8. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My local Best Buy had at least 20 if not more and they sold out in about 20 minutes of the store opening.

I got a Megatron & Ratchet. Yay!

9. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    The ad said "Minimum of 10 per store". I'm guessing the smaller stores received 10, with bigger/higher selling stores receiving more. I saw at least 20, maybe 30 sets at the Arlington Heights Best Buy.

And yup, there were just two sets of metallic figures out from what I could see. However, I didn't go looking elsewhere in the store to see if they were on some endcap.

10. ekocher

ekocher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lucky i am stuck in school and cant get there til 3 -.- i guess they are sold out...mine as well head to target since i will be in area to buy the evolution of a hero set

11. nemesis-kidd

nemesis-kidd Nemesis Enforcer

Best Buy in Long Island City NY only had 5 - (3 Ratchets and 2 Megatrons).

A lady had all 5 in her hand. I asked the Rep if there were more, he pointed to the table, saw all were gone, looked at me, I pointed to the lady. The Rep went over to the lady and told her only 1 per customer. She would not let them go. Three Reps had to wrestle them out of her hands and distributed them to the near by customers. The Rep handed me a Ratchet. I really wanted Megatron. :cry 

This store only received a total of 5. I was there as soon as the store opened.
    I then trekked over to Best Buy in Elmhurst, NY. Got there by 10:30am. All were already gone. The Rep there said they only received 10 with no plans of receiving more.

These are gonna hit Ebay for much more than they should be worth!

12. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow! Sounds like she deserved a good slap across the face.

My GF hit up our local Best Buy a little after they opened. All Ratchets and Megs were gone, she inquired and they told her that was all they had.

Kinda crappy.

13. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here they also had alot more then 30 lithograghs probably around 100.
    They also had a good amount of the Megatrons and Ratchets, around 8-10 each i think.

14. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think I was the first person to buy a Voyager... there were about 10 of each and none seemed to had been moved...

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wasn't going to get either figure but this thread makes me want a Megatron now. :lol  Wonder if I can buy the figure without buying the movie again?

16. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was lucky to find Megatron when I left work for lunch. Less than two hours after opening, and all that was left was 5 Megatrons. The rep at the table said they were 'raped' early (his words, not mine) and they had 30 of each.

I was able to get two Megatrons, so if anybody wants to trade Ratchet for my extra Megatron, PM me.

17. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

My friend, who picked one up for me, said that the salesman said that each store only got one of each. There were none on display so he got someone to go into the back to get one for me.

18. Astroscream

Astroscream News Cred > Street Cred

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got to Best Buy today 40 minutes before they opened and prior to them opening up at 10 o'clock at least 15 were waiting outside, in the rain! As we rushed in I grabbed the Robot Heroes Exclusive pack and a Megatron that just happened to be staring me in the face. As I went to look for more I heard an employee state they had only received 2 of each. I was so ecstatic I got what I wanted I almost forgot to grab the free Lithograph, which wasn't very impressive. It was a good day!

19. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    FUCK. I'm not gonna be able to get home from school till like 8:15 today. I guess I'm totally boned and keeping my blue megs :p 

20. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    12:15 Best Buy in Allentown, PA.

All Voyagers were "long gone" according to CSR. Said they were gone in first five minutes after opening.

Honestly, I just wanted the little Robot Heroes, which I got. :)  There were less than 10 sets left when I got there.