Best Buy Exclusive Megs and Ratchet just the beginning...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BonecrusherCA, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Visited 2 Best Buy's this morning and they each only had 2 figures. (1xMegs, 1xRatchet). The customer service number is definately useless. There's nothing BB corporate can do about it apparently and that any issue you have should be taken up by the store.

Any chance we'll see a re-release of these figures elsewhere?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:

I thought Lawson's BB was like over $100? I think you were lucky.

Agreed 08 Golden BB!

3. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm, that hopefully means leader Megs and Prime will be re-released in probably shinier paint.

4. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I got lucky. Got to my local BB at 11:30 and snagged the last Ratchet. Got home called a BB thats over an hour away and they had one megs left. Luckily they held it for me. BB didn't seem to know if they were getting more or not. Good thing cause Ebay prices are already crazy.

5. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have connections in Japan. :D 

6. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

Although I don't mind the idea of these metallic repaints, the execution by Hasbro is poor.

If they were going to make these store exclusives, they should have released them when they released the original, non-exclusive versions. It's kind of a slap in the face to the fans who bought the original movie figures when they were released back in June (like me). Now, even though the new metallic repaint may look better than the original, I already paid for the original, and have to shell out more money to get the repaint.

I know some super-fans are willing to spend the money, but I'm not. Leader Megs already cost me $40, so no matter how cool a metallic repaint would look, I'm probably not going to spend another $40 to get it.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

These shoulda been the actual paint jobs from the start. So Fuck em I'm not buying that same ole shit again...unless its a Prime of course.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    :lolol 

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I have yet to buy the leaders so depending on what they look like, I may pick the new ones up. Makes me wonder if we are getting a mettalic Prime aside Allspark Power Prime.

10. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone remember those pictures of a chromed Leader Megatron on some asian TF site. Those pictures surfaced a couple of days after seeing the first shots of Metalic Voyager Megatron. Could it be real?

11. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Can someone dig up those pics?

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Nice to know that all the money I've spent buying the movie cast's toys so far has been wasted. that's awesome.

if you're talking about the figure I think you are, it wasnt chromed, it was a catalog picture of the earliest version of the leader megatron mold with the early head design that was changed for the final version, and hand-painted like all of hasbro's package photos.

there was also a silver painted leader megatron posted on an asian TF site where the topic title blatantly stated that it was a custom, but people started yelling about it being an official product anyways.

13. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah thats the one, oh well...................

14. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Since.. sleep and my low wallet cost me not being able to get the BB Megs (and I don't care for the ice, kind of hoping they'll make one with NO ICE or pink pixie wings.. like on the Leader one...)

I am debating about buying the normal Voyager, going Dr Frankenstein on him and removing the ice, and repainting him. 8|... *plots*

15. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Sounds like the best way to get the most "awesome Megatron ever"

Hope you have fun

16. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I went to my BB around 4:30PM and they had 3 of each, which is all that'll fit on the shelf. Did people here check the "stuff/toys" aisle? I figured that's where they'd be since there weren't any (nor an apparent spot for them) with the TF DVD display. It's usually the far-left aisle at BB, where RoboRaptors etc are.

Or maybe they re-stocked from the back after a morning rush.

17. Salvanis

Salvanis Probably not a true fan.

Haven't been to Best Buy since the release, so I probably missed out on the opportunity to grab them, but I really don't care. Alls I know is that if they release a metallicized '70s Bumblebee and it has clear windows instead of blue paint, I'll buy it. If they release it with painted windows again, I won't. Other than that, new paintjobs won't really do it for me enough to buy again. No big deal.

18. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

what they SHOULD do is make metalic deluxes like Jazz , Concept Bumblebee,Baricade ...... Metalic voyager Ironhide, and Ratchet(again).....Metalic Leaderclass Prime , Megatron , Brawl. AND so that we wont feel like buying 2 of the same mold on all of them, they should bump some up a size.

EX. make Starscream and Black out a Leader class and make Bonecrusher a voyager all with metalic paint apps so we can get accurate movie colors and accurate movie size difference's in the figures. If this would happen i think almost all of us would be happy, Hopping that they fix the toys shortages problem.

19. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I don't believe it's very realistic to expect them to make a set of exclusives all new molds at what's basically the end of a toylines shelf-life.

It's even less realistic to expect anybody to do anything about the shortage problem with the movie toys. It's been almost five months, with no sign that anyone from the stores themselves to the distribution centers to Hasbro themselves seeming to notice that there's not enough supply to even come close to meeting demand. No one in the supply chain cares. As is evidenced by the handling of these exclusives.

20. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I went in there a little after 6 yesterday and they probably had at least 3 of both Ratchet and Megs, however they apparently were out of the lithographs, does anyone have a pic or scan of it?