Best Buy Exclusive Megs and Ratchet just the beginning...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BonecrusherCA, Oct 15, 2007.

1. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I'm so glad I'm not into the movie toys because this would get annoying real quick.

2. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Good thing you restrained yourself.

I usually buy 2 of everything. I like display most of Transformers in Robot and alt mode. If it's a really special one, I'll buy 3 just to keep one sealed, not for resale now, but perhaps when I'm old and gray.

I do understand your concern though. The guy at the BB told me they had olny gotten 10 Ratchets and 5 Megatrons. WTF is up Hasbro? They always do stupid shit like that. I can't believe that a major metropolitan like NYC gets so few. They pulled the same shit with the Alts here. Kind of ridiculous.

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Went to Best Buy at around 10:40 and of course the Transformer figures were sold out. The guy told me all they got were 4 and they sold out as soon as the store opened. He also said that most of the stores in a 5 state radius apparently only got 4 as well. He said that he could place an order for the figures so that the savings can be placed on the same receipt to get the $5 off. The computer he was by said that they would be in on the 20th but they both have the same sku so you might not get the one you want. He also said that "I don't remember what figures they are, I know there are 3 or 4 different figures listed in the computer." He could have meant the Robot Heroes, but there is the word that more metallic repaints are comming. Those new ones may be Best Buy exclusives as well.

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I guess my plans for going to Best Buy after work to pick up a Voyager megs along with the 2 disc DVD are pretty much shot dead ._.

...i hope ebay doesn't jack the prices up on these guys too badly

5. JDM_EK3

JDM_EK3 Well-Known Member

How much were they retailing for?

6. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

$19.99 for Metallic Ratchet or Megs with $5 off if you buy the movie with them.

And, surprisingly, my Best Buy was pulling out a new case of them when I was there. So, I guess they got more than enough to fill the front-of-store display. Which is awesome.

I bought one Ratchet, seeing as how he's almost yellow looking, and that's probably as close as we'll ever get. I find the irony of the back-of-package photos HILARIOUS! Standard Ratchet had yellow Ratchet on the back. Metallic gold Ratchet has standard green Ratchet on the back.

Megatron looked AMAZING. If not for the ice plates, I probably would have gotten him too. If they do Leader Megs that way, I'm all over it. He had a really, REALLY nice black wash effect that made the metal bits jump out at you like chrome. Beautiful.

Any other movie bots done this well will probably get my money.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Interesting news. Here's hoping for a Brawl as one of the future ones :thumb .

8. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The employees at the BB I stopped at said the same thing. Apparently, when they scanned Megs and Ratchet, more toys showed up in the computer. I didn't ask which ones though. Anyone work at BB?

9. SiamGXPrime

SiamGXPrime Well-Known Member

leader megs will go nicely with my robo vision prime

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I found eight each at my best buy at lunch. I got the DVD with the robot heroes but I'm not opening it until I find out whether I got it as a christmas present. Either way I don't want the robot heroes, so I may throw those up on the junkion exchange.

11. Sideswipe83

Sideswipe83 Well-Known Member

Ok, today has been the biggest PITA with all these movie releases

7:30 AM - went to Wal-mart, no real problem there, bought the giftset with bonus DVD

8:05 AM - Target opens late, only has 10 of the Deluxe DVD case versions, which 8 sold within minutes of opening, and NONE of the Evolution of a Hero 2-packs, so they will rain check the price of the 2 pack at $15.99, but there is no way to get the $5 gift card

10:00 AM - Got stuck supervising something at my house, so my neighbor was nice enough to go to Best Buy for me, with a list of exactly what I wanted. 2 of the DVD w/ Robot Heroes sets (1 for me, 1 for a friend), 1 each of the Ratchet and Megatron. After dealing with 3 employees who had no idea what she wanted in terms of the figures, since they were not on the floor, the manager came out and told her that she could buy ONLY ONE of them, either Ratchet OR Megatron, not one of each, and not even though she was buying 2 of the Deluxe DVD sets. So she only bought one set and Ratchet, and then came back here

12:00 PM - I go to Best Buy after already speaking to their 800 number who told me that there was no rule about only 1 per customer, especially since there were 2 different versions. I spoke to the manager who refused to give me his name, and after explaining the difference (different figure, different character, etc), he agreed that it was wrong for him to try and limit them 1 only. But you know what, they were still in the back, and customers were on the floor looking for them

Personally, if Hasbro continues with these exclusive figures, they need to explain these better to Best Buy if they remain there, or IMHO, pull them to another retailer, maybe WalMart, TRU or Target

12. Night Flame

WHOAH! Self restraint is way overrated. Not opening it until after Christmas? That's crazy talk.

13. JDM_EK3

JDM_EK3 Well-Known Member

So what exactly is the deal with these? Were they limited to today only in limited numbers? Or now that the movie has been released they will be found only at Best Buy if you happen to come across them?

14. Constructicon_BC

Constructicon_BC Well-Known Member

Need repaint for the figures without much paint on, namely Jazz, Starscream

15. Foster

News Credits:
    I have a torrent to keep me company until Santa comes. :cool: 

16. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The deal is most Best Buy stores got only 4 total toys, some got as many as 8, a couple in very populated areas got 3-4 cases. Managers are telling people that the stores won't be getting any more in. The customer service number is useless, no one cares whatsoever. Hasbro's consumer affairs number has no idea anything about this.

17. Night Flame

Hasbro's consumer affairs number doesn't even know Transformers is a Hasbro brand. Calling them about anything Transformers related is like calling McDonald's corporate to complain a bout a bad batch of eggs from Perkins.

I know, it SHOULD be the number you call when Hasbro needs to answer for something, but it's not. The number you should call doesn't exist, sadly.

I have a funny feeling that BotCon next year is going to have some very, VERY ugly question and answer periods for the Hasbro panel. Even when worded politely, it's going to be tough to doll up any question that centers around the lack of movie toys.

18. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    this is seriously insane. 1 case per store in most areas!!!

the guy i talked to @ BB this morning said he'd thought they were getting in like 300 pieces, but they got 4. i have no idea what the disconnect is there.

I just want a metallic ratchet :( 

19. Foster

News Credits:
    good thing repaints aren't going away anytime soon then.

20. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

Metallic Ratchet or regular Ratchet, doesn't really matter to me. Metallic Meggy I'm getting even though I have the regular version. He's repainted, and in accurate colors!