Best Buy and Circuit City suck...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sixshot, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I have just spent the past half hour on the phone wading through obtrusive phone menus only to hear the constant ringing of an associate who won't pick up the god damn phone. I have an easy question, "Do you have Rainbow Six Vegas in stock?" I can't even get to someone to answer my question. "Oh media's not picking up? I'm sorry I'll page them." <Rings for 5 minutes> "This is customer service can I help you? I can't answer your question let me transfer you."

I am still on the phone with Best Buy. Oh wait, they just hung up on me. Are you fucking kidding me?

You know I called Wal-mart and I had an answer in 5 minutes. Pretty sad when Wal-mart is leading the pack in customer service.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    you have a computer, you can check local stock at both their websites.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Yep. Both BB and CC have places on their site to check the stock of items in your local stores by zip code.

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get it at Best Buy. It's on sale this week.

5. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

That is probley why he called Best Buy.

My store was out, so I jsut did a onlien order. Same price on there site as in store this week.

6. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

Yeah, you could have checked both stores websites to check availability in the time it took to complain in this post.

7. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I've about had it with the Best Buy close to me... they don't have shit for stock. Everything I want is like 100 miles away.

EDIT: I know I should just order them off the site or eBay... but I like to get stuff at the store at that moment :( 

8. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    I agree with the checking stock statements, but sometimes they have it and it doesn't show up on the site.

9. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I checked the online stock on both stores, both came up as able to be picked up from the store. When I finally got help from both of them on the phone, they both confirmed they didn't have any copies left.

And yes I know it was on sale for 39.99 this week at BB. So fuck I may just order it online so I don't have to deal with wasting a god damn hour of my time on the phone.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you call Circuit City asking for stock, all you have to do is press "0" to go to the operator who can type in the name right there and check stock. If you go by the website to check stock alot of times it's going to be wrong.

11. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Funny story about calling Best Buy. One day I drove out to my dad's house who is 45 minutes away, so on the way home I called BB to see if they had a DS game in stock. All together the drive from my dad's to the BB by my house was about an hour. So, I call them and they put me on hold, I hang up and call again and again they put me on hold. I hang up again and they put me on hold again,so I decide to wait this time. So, I'm driving and waiting and just thinking to myself, I wonder if I get there before they answer. So I am on a new mission to get to the store before they get me off hold. I drive all the way to the store and keep the phone on the whole time. I get there and as soon as I get there I ask for the manager. He comes up and I tell him he needs to talk to his people about customer service. Show him the phone with the store number on there and the timer reading 47 minutes. He looks at me like an idiot and says something like "I'll have a talk with them". Funny thing is I felt like "Yeah, I showed them not to leave me on hold!" Then I tell my wife about it and she calls me an idiot for doing that and laughs at me. And you know what? She was right to laugh at me cause it was stupid, but I thought I was cool at the time.

12. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Yeah, BB is terrible. They don't have anything and the stuff they do have is a pain in the ass to look through.

13. Glhboy

Glhboy <font color=red><b>Goes Like Hell....</b></font> Moderator

News Credits:
    Don't even get me started on Best Buy, CompUSA is same too.

14. OmegaSaber

Ebay:
    If they showed up as being able to pick up at the store I'd have just ordered it as in store pick up. Then you'd actually have someone who has to find it and send you a confirmation email that it's ready. And if you do it with Circuit City, don't they give some sort of guarantee or you get a gift card or something?

15. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

The best buy by me is full of idiots, the people there if you ask about something wont know what your talking about. I went in one time and asked about routers cause we needed to replace ours. They just showed me it and walked away, I had no clue what I was looking for and they had no interest in helping me. I try to avoid going there but sometimes one must bite the bullet but if I go I don't ask for help. 90% of the time I'll find it before they will

16. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    This is why I always actually, physically, LOOK for stuff. I'd rather not deal with people who put me on hold for ages or don't know a friggin' thing.

17. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

But trying to find anything in the store by yourself is like trying to find a needle that may or may not be in a haystack. Whoever thought of the idea to pile games on top of each other with just these hard to read plastic dividers should be shot.

18. OmegaSaber

Ebay:
    Yep, you can't really trust the 17 year old that's only there because mommy and daddy want them to learn the value of a dollar. We had a girl like that where I work, she didn't last a month. Always standing around not doing a damn thing, and when we asked her why she even bothered with a job she goes "because my parents made me, I don't even want to work here."

19. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Never had a problem with Best Buy.

I don't like the way they ship, but thats mostly UPS' fault. For me UPS picks up the package in Illinois, then transfers it to USPS. The point where they transfer it is in Ohio so they take it from one state to my west to the state to my east which makes little since to me since they'll have to go through Indiana to get to Ohio (unless they do some weird lets go around Indiana shipping)

20. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I was disappointed for the lack of stock at any of the stores for the Rainbow Six sale last week. I was getting my self upset about it when I realized, I really don't need or want another game to play as I have COD3, Ghost Recon AW and the Splinter Cell line to play.