Best and worst over the top and ridiculous things

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gregles, Feb 18, 2012.

1. gregles

gregles quintesson

as a franchise transformers has never really had a sensible sense of restraint. I don't mean it in a bad way as if it suddenly re-invented itself as a critic friendly slow paced, sensible, humourless political thriller I think all of our souls would collectively cry a little. I cant think of any franchise which has consistently thrown the whole kitchen sink into its story lines and made gravity and sanity defyingly ridiculous character designs, which are your best and worst. Here is mine

my best
    magmatron toy I only heard about him from the idw comic and thought that must be a comic exclusive character as a toy couldnt possibly exist when I saw it I had to own it
    airachnids design spider robot to helicoptor who would have thunk it
    sixshot same as every franchise needs a one robot army
    unicron as earths core WTF and we got to see megatron vs a load of giant rock lord unicrons just to seal the deal
    idw whirl now he tortures bots, didnt see that comming
    beast wars rampage a psycho immortal with a lobster and tank alt mode hell yeah

my worst
    ROTF obvious I know but no amount ridiculousness could mask the lack of plot and script
    beast wars quickstrike the robot mode looks that bad it hurts to look at and that out of place voice dosnt help much either
    heart of darkness/chaos idw it was epic but empty

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

When I think of "awesomely over-the-top", I think of ROTF-Jetfire, Mark Ryan sounds like he's chomping a large bit of the scenery every time he's on screen, he's larger-than life, over-the-top, histerical old man he never lowers his voice, he's a goddamn Brian Blessed Transformer, and he's freaking awesome.

In fact, most TF-villains follow the same logic, they chew every single bit of the scenery, they're over-the-top, exaggerated, Large Ham, and they're awesome for it.

Probably the only non-Ham villain of Transformers is Shockwave, and even he has his moments [YOUOOUURR OLD PAL, LOOOONGAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRMM"].

As for bad over-the-top things, can't think of any, probably Shia Lebeaouf's acting: Over-the-top, but annoying.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Best - The TFW Resource section & Jeffery Combs on TF Prime.

Worst - The TFW community's qqing about toys & Beast Machines.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    best: Pepsi Prime, G2, Roberts/Roche, Animated, Bugbite

worst: Kiss Players, Headmasters without the dub