Best and/or Worst Transformer Hunting experience?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, Nov 17, 2011.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Post your best and/or worst hunting experience here... Preferably the better ones just to give folks some hope. XD

I have to say today was probably one of my best hunts. With exception to the first TRU I stopped by, each store I went to had something worth grabbing.

For starters... a Wayne Marshall's had a Hubcap and Breacher, two figures I hadn't seen in some time and wanted a 2nd pair of.

Then the real gems... as folks may have heard, Windcharger's showing up in "Five Below" chains.

Just grabbed two at my local "Five Below" store!

[​IMG]

Next... I went to a TRU that's usually dead for some reason... but look who I found! Undertow!

[​IMG]

He was 10$, but due to the rarity of Undertow... and how cool he is... worth it!

Lastly, the Marshall's nearby this TRU had a Voyager Seaspray. Great figure, somewhat harder to find that his silly Decepticon repaint.

So yea... three great figures... one rare until recently, the next really rare, and last somewhat rare. All in one trip. Four outta five stores with worthwhile stuff. XD

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess it was when I found a Generations Warpath hid behind DOTM figures at a Target and I happened to have some money so win win! Also before that when the stockage of Warpath was really low, I went to a Target to find him but found Generations Scourge instead and bought him.

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I suppose when I found Gen Warpath and Wheeljack at WM. Only had money for one, got Warpath, returned for Wheeljack, and he was still there! Also, when I went to TJ Maxx and found RTS Prime, Wreck-Gar, and Legends Screamer. Or the time I found Lugnut and Grapple at TJ Maxx.

4. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

the worst,never finding dotm soundwave
    the best,finding windcharger and rts legends at 5 below.

5. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Best: Finding the Classics wave 1 at the Walmart I worked at back in 2006. Bought all four of them up.

Worst: Any time I went toy hunting in the summer of 2010 between the end of the RotF line and the beginning all the lines that started that Fall (PCC, HftD, etc, etc).

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My best experiences are usually the ones where I go to some obscure store not expecting to find anything but then I find one of the rarest toys in a line. I found Concept Camaro Bumblebee at The Source and Windcharger at Superstore. Both times I was overjoyed.

Worst? Hunting for SDCC Blaster at a Homesense near where I live and found none, only for them to be sighted and bought the very next day.

7. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Best: Went to Tuesday Morning not expecting to find anything, and left with RTS Legends Megatron. :D 

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    My best was going into a Target and grabbing RTS Bumblebee, G2 Prime, Wreck-Gar, and Perceptor in a single go. They had JUST opened up a case and quite literally the pegs were nothing but those four. They all disappeared a day later when I went back to see if there were more. I couldn't have been happier.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Best: Finding Gen Warpath at a Walmart during a trip to Savannah, GA. Did not see the figure again for another three months when it came around my area.

Worst: I went to countless Walmarts, Targets, and TRUs for ROTF Skystalker in four states. I just about gave up hope and found it in the last Walmart I had not checked yet. I got it and I never saw another one in a store again.

10. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

I found a 5 dollar windcharger at ross, screw you scalpers.

11. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    lol @ hating on scalpers.

I wish we had ross and 5 below around here.

My best hunting would probably be the purchases using those 5 off coupons.

12. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Finding a couple of Windchargers was pretty cool.

Finding crap loads of Magnus/Skywarp and ROTF Bruticus sets and not buying them was probably the worst. Sucks cause they were in stock for a long time. I had several chances to buy them all but never did.

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Back in June/July, Target had a modest sale on Cyberverse figures, as well as special Commander/Legion 2-packs. The way the prices worked you essentially got a free Legion figure for buying a 2-pack plus one of the Action Sets (cost of Action Set + 2-pack = cost of Action Set + standalone Commander; 3 figures with the former, 2 with the latter).
    Found the Shockwave set the very last day of the sale. While not the best set by any means, it was as far as I can tell one of the first (if not THE first) US sightings, a very rare occasion for New Jersey.

Conversely, when that same Target later had a BOGOfree+$1 off on Cyberverse Commanders, it had piss-poor selection (Megatron, Optimus, and Optimus). Though really can't complain about getting two sets of accessories for the price of one.

Smolder, Searchlight, and Huffer rotting on the shelves for ~6 months (somehow surviving Christmas!), preventing any other PCC waves from getting through, is definitely my most hated experience.