Best and/or worst experience on purchasing a Transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by -Wreckage-, Apr 10, 2009.

1. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    Have you ever gone to the store, and seen an old TF on sale, or just a TF you never thought you'd see, and you buy it...

or, perhaps, your one of those more unfortunate folks who gets kicked in the leg by a Winny little 5 year old, and he steals your brand new figure you were about to buy at the store?

I think the best deal is the $5 thing from sunstorm and shockwave. Worst... I don't think I've gotten there yet...

how about you?

2. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    I finally found Stealth Lockdown and I noticed how when ever you do something that could "possibly" harm the figure in anyway, a piece would pop out. So I saw this carpeted staircase with a big wooden rail and thought it would be cool to have it drive down the railing because he would pop a few pieces off when he fell off onto the carpet, unfortunately he didn't and a few parts of him actually broke. So now I'm still looking for a replacement.

3. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Best experience- Getting The autobots movie ds game for free after purchasing the decepticons ds game.

Worst Experience: Some kid's parents asking me if their son could have the last movie 08 Bumblebee. I had the last one, and I was not going to hand it over. I was looking for it for over a year! Besides, I'm sure he would have forgoten about it in a day or two, or break it trying to transform it.

P.S., I'm pretty sure this belongs in the toy disscussion.

4. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    No mercy! Yea, that sounds like a tough decision.

5. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best? I dunno. Probably the fact that I have a complete collection of Alternators and never paid more than retail for them. The $35 Ultimate Bumblebee was a good deal, too.

Worst: Transmetals Megatron. I thought I was getting Transmetals 2 Megatron, the dragon. Instead, I got a brittle orange and purple dinosaur that broke on first transformation.

6. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

best?
    found classics ultra magnus and skywarp 2-pack for $30 usd at a flea market MISB!
    and a really nice KO TM2 megatron for $3 usd

worst?
    found lockdown the next day. the left hand broke, right out of the box.

7. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    Best: I think it was one of my more recent purchases. I got Armada Hot Shot, Classics Starscream, Alternators Sideswipe, and G1 Warpath all for $50, which my parents paid for!

Worst: I got the two Target two-packs also for $50. Kinda jumped the gun on that one. Should've waited, and I could've saved $40!

8. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    My best was finding a Shockwave pack real early. I've had nothing but good experiences with buying TFs. :D 

9. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Best: Finding MISB transformers that are being sold really cheap on the net.

Worst: paying too much for items that later on become cheaper...

10. funstorm

funstorm Doer of nothing

worst:getting to target and not finding shockwave

best:so far finding tfa blurr n blazing lockdown

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    best: walking into my local market and finding a Japanese Car Robots JRX set MIB for dirt cheap

Worst: well if online stuff counts. I once placed an order with Epic Heroes for a Hasbro reissue G1 Prowl and when they told me it was out of stock I cancelled it. As luck would have it TRU got it in stock cheaper a few months on so I was happy.... But Epic Heroes clearly went to their local TRU and restocked their store and then they charged my card and sent me a Prowl and this was months after I cancelled it. So that and some rather poor quality items is why I will never buy stuff from them again

12. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Best: Winning Pepsi Prime in the Transform your Summer contest on my first cap

Worst: Any time I buy a toy that breaks on me soon after opening (Animated Blitzwing, Animated Prime, City Commander, to name a few) but I won't touch that subject.

13. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Best: Bought a MISB G1 Blitzwing, my grail at the time, for around $40. That guy was unloading all his G1 MISB collection and I got a few from him, but Blitzy's definitely the best of the bunch.

Worst: I misread the news about $5 for Target Shockwave/Sunstorm and thought they meant $5 off so I was slow to get to Target until the following day. Too late. Everything was sold out when I got there. Oh well. :mad 

14. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    Those are all interesting. Can't believe how many lockdown problems we;ve got here!

15. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

While I was buying Animated G1 Shocky, this very sweet lady saw that i only had one item, and she let me go ahead. As we were waiting, we were just chatting about collecting things and how her son and nephew used to collect power rangers. It was just really cool.

16. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well the worst for me, would be when I really wanted a Universe Blaster and the only one in the area had its canopy broken off and loose in the box. This didn't end up being too bad, though, as I was able to more or less fix it with a little work.

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Best experience - walking into the toy store with a loaded wallet and snagging G1 Darkwing, Dreadwind and the Seacons giftset, all at one go.

Worst experience - walking into the toy store with not enough money, and letting G1 Overlord slip through my fingers. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUU.

18. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Most recent would be,
    Best, Getting the Classics Magnus vs Skywarp for 12 bucks MISB and Buying a Titanium Prime and Megs for 15 bucks MISB.

Bad, went to TRU seen G1 re-issue Prime and realizing I did not have my wallet, so I'll just come back tommorrow and get it, no it was gone never seen him again.
    And I got a BM Night Scream and broke him at the hip 2 days later, thats the best I can think of, but I know there are better just can't recall right now.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Best: Finding a G1 Sixshot for only $27 bucks at Botcon 2008 in good condition. Sure beat whatever inflated price he would have gone for on eBay.
    Also, finding an Alt. Battle Ravage complete and near-mint w. instrutcions for retail on eBay canada (the figure itself only cost $10, but shipping was $10 also.)

Worst: Getting Ani. Blitzwing out of his restraining elastic bands and twist ties. I probably disconnected every piece possible without actually breaking the figure before Blitzwing was freed from his restraints. Only Unicron beats him in being restrained by more annoying packaging, but Unicron was a X-mas present for me, and I didn't have to get him out of his packaging, that was my parent's job:D 

20. LadyHood

LadyHood Bounty Hunter

best: Finding the war withen optimus and megatron, finding classics starscream and rodimus...also geting my first transformer which was armada optimus prime for easter back in 2001

worst: buying the TFA doudle pack for optimus's earth from and now i have two ba's, so breaking my classics rodimus right out the pack..the wheel fell off from me trying to get the stupid little wire thing around it off ='(