Best actors from Bay-formers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Thunderchild, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

I just watched both TF07 and ROTF, I love these movies for the action elements and special effects. I'm not a fan of the story and the acting, and the title characters, THE TRANSFORMERS, have none of the character developement they deserve, but I've noticed alot of the extras and supporting actors that totally stole the show for me.
    Examples:
    1) Sam's history teacher in the begining of TF07 had more character in his little finger then the majority of the main line up.

2) Bernie Mack as the car salesmen= pure gold (may he rest in peace)

3) The Indian operator in the ROTF, hilarious

4) Sam's parents... pure comedy.

5) Fig, with his over use of spanish... and constant chatter about his mother and eating gators... they should have kept him around.

With more "comedy" in TF3, I hope there are more of these tid-bits, with funny actors.

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    wasnt the operator in the first movie?

3. Thunderchild

Oh yeah, your right.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well played, sir. Well played.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I guess my votes would have to be for Josh Duhamel because he's what I wanted Duke to be like in the GI Joe live action movie. Thought it was a bit sappy in the first film with the character's wife and kid but over all Josh Duhamel just sells the character really well.

I'll throw in Tyrese Gibson as well. Not so much because I like his character in the film but with all the off camera stuff it's hard not to like the guy.

From Revenge of the Fallen with a minor roll I'll say Deep Roy. Always nice to see that guy get a role in a movie.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, this thread wasn't sarcastic?..

7. Thunderchild

No... I didnt intend for it to be. In my opinion all the best actors/characters in the films are NOT the main characters. There was way more substance from a ton of side characters.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Gotta agree with this. Julie White, for instance is a fantastic actress if you look at her work beyond TF. And Kevin Dunn is a great character actor.

9. Thunderchild

I gotta give Shia credit where credit is due, I enjoyed many of his other movies, but all I really like about him in TF, is his fast talking...

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Although he's been hamming it up with Simmons and might annoy some people accordingly, I'd say Turturro is the best actor involved with the series so far. This is of course considering his other work. Barton Fink for example :thumb 

11. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Turturro is fantastic I agree. Shia Labuff is good as well. Kevin Dunn is also great, but Michael Bay doesn't have him do much... same with Julie White.

And uh Hugo Weaving.

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    In my opinion, the ABSOLUTE BEST scene-stealers were the parents in the first film. They just did a FANTASTIC job hamming it up as mom & Pop Witwicky.

Duhamel did a fantastic job in both films and is believable in his role. Same goes for Gibson.

Turturro kiiiiinda feels like he's phoning it in at some points and actually having fun at others.

Bernie Mac's cameo was also awesome.

The rest of the regulars...eh. They moved the plot along. <golf clap>

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know I think Shia does a pretty job of making Sam a relate-able character. Sam is just enough of a loser that he's not the usual Hollywood perfect lead, yet he's not a total loser. Sam is brave enough to face danger but not so brave that he's all gung-ho into danger like an 80's action star.

Just seems like Shia has done a good job of being that bridge character between the human world and the Transformers world. Somehow Shia sort of plays it just enough of an every man to seem like the rest of us, but extraordinary enough to believe he's the sort person to find themselves in the middle of alien robot war.

14. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha ha ha the topic of this thread cracks me up

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Megan Fox's chest was highly believable and I felt very invested in its fate.

16. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

ROTF has sum classics too; The guy from Simmon's Deli, who wants new teeth he saw on skymall..
    The midget security guard!
    THe jock dude who cant get a tighter shirt
    All in all, funny stuff

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd go with John Turturro, Tyrese Gibson and Josh Duhamel.

Hell even Bernie Mac, Jon Voight and Rainn Wilson were great as well.

18. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I haven't seen anybody mention Michael O'Neill as Tom Banacheck in TF1. I loved his more grounded approach to an S7 Agent which contrasted nicely to the (deliberately) over-the-top Simmons character. Most of his lines involved exposition which is difficult to get across without sounding like hokey info-dump dialogue and he did it brilliantly. I also love when he tells Sam that his grandfather made one of mankind's greatest discoveries. The way he delivers that line and the look on his face convey genuine admiration and respect on Banacheck's part toward Captain Witwicky.

Also, if you've seen the season six finale of Grey's Anatomy, he played the chilling part of the mass shooter that wreaked havoc at the hospital.

19. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Simmons, hands down. My other favorite human characters are Lennox and Epps; they don't go over-the-top with all the lame comedy like the rest of the humans and they're badasses. Sam is OKAY...I can tolerate him when he's not running around screaming names and "No no no no" often.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    This is a joke, right?