Customs: Best 3rd Party / custom Prime & MP weapons?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by blaynescott, Jun 30, 2011.

1. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi everyone,

I'm interested in adding additional weapons to my transformers, particularly the MP scale Convoy I picked up recently.

There seems to be a host of Voyager-scale weapons, but not too-too many for the larger scale figures.

Does anyone have suggestions for swords or axes (I'm thinking something like Primes weapons in the TF3 film) that would work well as-is, or with some customization?

I've been customizing figure s(mainly 6"/7" scale, but some TFs) since 2007, but I'm starting to get back into Transformers after a few years out of the loop. Any suggestions would be appreciated - either 'official' 3rd Party stuff like the Infinity Warfare set, or shapeway3D printed/custom cast garage-kit sale stuff.

Thanks!
    -Blayne

Custom Toys & Action Figures
    Online Portfolio of Blayne Scott | Fashion, Art, Music & Toys |

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I would search Biglots and dollar stores for cheap weapons that will work with some modification. Maybe a crazy ass power rangers sword would work for anouther figure if you cleaned it up a bit. i also check out the mark-down section at regular toy stores for cheap customizing fodder.

but generally, most of those accesories are scrathbuilt since it's a certain size and style. Sorry if this doesn't help you or answer your question.

Randy!

3. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hadn't thought about Power Ranger 'Zord weapons for years... thanks for the info. :)  I've moved to South Korea to teach English, and toys are pretty difficult to find given their industrious/education focused culture. Guess I'll be surfing eBay again. :) 

4. aurascope

aurascope Well-Known Member

Ebay: