Best 3rd party company

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by star wars is cool too, Oct 1, 2017.

1. star wars is cool too

star wars is cool too Member

If you aren't familiar with these, they are not hasbro or takara, but they produce high quality transformers. Personally I'd choose mastermind creations as they make great idw mtmte like figures.

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You may get more responses in the actual 3P section.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

• Like Like x 1
  4. star wars is cool too

star wars is cool too Member

Sorry my bad then I'm new.

5. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Fanstoys.

6. oku

oku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You meant FansssToyyyyys

• Like Like x 5
  7. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "Best" as always is subjective based on personal taste.

I'm a big fan of Planet X (they're one of the few groups who dares to focus on designs made after 1987) but I know the Fall of Cybertron aesthetic isn't for everyone. Same goes for MakeToys & the GalaxyForce subline they're trying out.

I've bought 3 items from Mastermind Creations this year though & each one has been fantastic. Great designs walking the fine line between ingenuity & complexity.

• Like Like x 3
  8. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Geewunner who loves Planet X FoC stuff!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

I have yet to have been disappointed with Mastermind Creations.

Iron Factory is good, too.

10. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I only have three from MMC (Kultur, Carnifex, Hexatron Continuum) one from Fans Hobby (Archenemy), and the Bruticus feet from Perfect Effect. I'd say that I felt I got more for my money with Fans Hobby, and that they'd be one to watch, but MMC has been consistently amazing and they are putting out figures of characters I'm more interested in, they're the third party company I'm most excited for in general. The PE feet didn't do much to make my CW Bruticus cooler and fit very loosely, so I don't know about them. Maketoys is one I've been wanting to get into, but there's just something about their face sculpts that really puts me off, I may get their GF Starscream now that they've knocked the price down, it's got at least one face that looks decent enough. I'm also really interested to see what Zeta toys does with their less expensive Bruticus, but I'm still not sure I can afford third party combiner money. Oh, and That DNA designs Bludgeon is also pretty tempting. I'm willing to bet that a lot of people are going to say Fans Toys, though, if I was looking for G1-styled figures they'd probably be my choice too (but I'm not).

So, MMC, but Fans Hobby is very much on my radar, and a bunch of others are coming close.

11. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I too would probably say MMC for hitting the sweet spot of QC + frequency of releases + not just shitting out MP releases.

12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Fanstoys first

Iron Factory and MMC Reformatted as second

Master Made as third

13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would not want to limit myself to just THE best 3rd Party Company because there are several that are quite good and offer better versions of the same character than the other. Also, some very good 3P companies are making toys of characters none of the others are doing, and they're quite good. For example:

Fans Hobby - Excellent 3rd Party company that has made MP versions of G2 Optimus Prime and the G1 Monsterbots. No other 3P company has made these, and even if they did, they'd have a very hard time making better versions of what FH has already made.

BadCube - A mixed bag for this 3rd Party company, but they've come out with some very nice releases that are fun, aesthetically accurate, and of good quality. Brawny, Backland (?), Piper, Huff, and Sunsurge are examples of some of their better releases.

X-Transbots - Also a mixed bag 3P company. But they seem to have taken strides to improve and it shows with their new Klaatu (cosmos) and their versions of Hoist and Trailbreaker MP's.

DX9 - Same as XTB and BC, only they've had more winners than losers in their lineup. Quality is good, but some of their engineering is flawed. But this isn't the case for all their releases. Their Richthofen (Powerglide) MP is a stunning winner. And their Mightron MP deserves better recognition than it's been getting. They're certainly moving in the right direction if they keep up with the level of quality releases like they have with Powerglide.

MMC - They too are a mixed bag of winners and losers. Their Sphinx, Girder, and Backdraft MP's are pretty sweet, but the other Ocular Max releases are inconsistent. However, their comic-based non MP line seems to be excellent with their Tarn, Calidus, and that new Megatron with the swappable parts.

MakeToys and Fans Toys - Both have excellent QC, and perhaps the best success in number of in-demand, fast selling releases. FT's Dibots are perhaps their best work ever. And their Sovereign is so far unbeatable. MT has made some excellent releases as well with their Gundog, Despotrion, and Downbeat MP releases. Their upcoming Galaxy Meteor (MP Cybertron Starscream) is simply a work of art in every way.

There are other 3P companies, but hopefully this is enough to give you an idea that, while some may be overall better than others, they all have some fine things to offer over their competitors. Some might prefer FT's Willis over MT's Gundog, for example. Or others might like Mightron over Despotron. Having excellent options is pretty cool, IMHO. :) 

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

15. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Perfect Effect and UniqueToys in my opinion.

16. motorthing

motorthing Polarised.

News Credits:
    Best? No. No single Company gets to claim that.

But we are very, very lucky that there are quite a few Companies that are producing excellent products right now. Most of them have been mentioned already (and with good reason) but I'd sing Iron Factory's praises for not only making excellent stuff but making me care about a whole new style and scale in the face of financial practicality and the need to keep buying Generations stuff.

That takes quality.

• Like Like x 1
  17. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I cannot say which is best. I don't have that many, and too subjective...

That said, I have ended up with more figures from MakeToys than any other, and I love their work.
    I also have great stuff from DX9, Fanstoys, MMC, ToyWorld and a few others, but there's just a ton of stuff I have never experienced.

18. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    Depends on what you prefer to collect. Do you like MPs, Classics or Legends? One size does not fit all.

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Best 3rd party company?

No idea...

My favorite company is Fans Toys though, and a close second is Make Toys thanks to all of those reveals they made this past weekend. :D 

20. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Obviously 'best' depends on your personal criteria.

Although obviously the answer is Maketoys.