3D Artwork: Benjdude's Shapeways Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Benjdude, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Benjdude

Benjdude Member

Hey guys, thought I should start a thread about my Shapeways shop. Here I will be showing renders of items I have available or that I am currently working on (Thanks sq7 :)  ).

The shop is still in its infancy and as such doesn't yet represent the full depth and breadth of the work I will be making available to you guys. Right at the moment you could say I have been on a bit of a medieval kick. Fact is, Transformers with medieval weapons is pretty freakin sweet so everybody wins really.

I just put out a bunch of new stuff (axes in fact), these join the slew of hammering/bashing precision instruments already available. I actually just got some prints yesterday and was pleased to find that the NeoSpyder Axe's chains actually work as designed (on something so small you just never know...). I feel there may be changes I make to it in the future but overall I am pleased with the form and function of it. The Spiked Chopper turned out great as well.

Basically, I wanted a place to be able to update you guys, as well as receive feedback to some of the designs I am working on currently. Enjoy the renders and feel free to weigh in on anything relevant. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Big Hache

Big Hache Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fun looking weapons!

If I can offer some insight on the blade edges, I would suggest making them have a thickness instead of coming to a sharp point. I tried that and didn't care for how they printed. Even something like .5mm would probably help the print process.

I haven't tried spikes, but I would think it's a similar situation. Maybe dull the tips a bit so the print doesn't taper to this sharp point that flop a bit.

3. Benjdude

Benjdude Member

My designs already incorporate what you have suggested, and my test prints have turned out great. Thanks for the tip. :) 
    BTW your designs are pretty cool, good details.

4. Big Hache

Big Hache Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK sweet. I already learned the hard way, no need for anyone else to do the same. :) 

Thanks for the compliment too!