Beneficial Glitches

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Wollstone, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

So sometimes (though it seems to not happen at all anymore since the patch and DLC) the game freezes while you're at the loading screen. My game froze and I rebooted my XBOX. I was a little annoyed to find that it had reset my customized characters to default and I had to play the last scene of each campaign again to unlock Arcee and Slipstream, but no big deal, just a little annoying.

However, I noticed that my first Scout had my Leader's abilities. Notably Martyrdom and Seeker. So I played with my Scout and sure enough I got killed and dropped two mines.

Here is the thing though. Not only do I get XP for killing enemies that are hit with the mines, but if they destroy the mines then I get the XP for that too.

I haven't changed my Scout's abilities yet for fear that I'll lose this glitch permanently. I'm just going to keep it that way until I level cap my Scout or until they fix the bug.

Has anyone else encountered beneficial glitches?

2. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

The skill swapping is well known online yet nobody knows how to duplicate the glitch, However you should be careful about using a glitched character, many people don't take kindly to being cheated in an online game and they may report you. I'm pretty sure on the Xbox it is against their terms of service to abuse a glitch like that.

Not that you did it on purpose but in their eyes it's still abuse if you willingly go along with it.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Oh, I didn't know that. I should change them then before I anger someone.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would take it off if i were you, someone is either going to report you, or just keep killing you repeatedly in every match you play when they notice that you're cheating. i have ran into a few people abusing the glitch and have made it my mission to hunt them for as many matches as they stayed on for

5. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I recently saw this too and I guess personally that I kind of find this kind of stuff amusing - when you can make a game do something MORE than it should. At first I was shocked - now, I dunno - I think it's neat :)  I don't think I'd ever DO it... well... maybe to my buddies... mwahahaha! :p 

But yeah, if I were you I'd just be careful - one person's "beneficial glitch" is another person's "hideous exploit".

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I changed it to normal Scout abilities. :)  Thanks for warning me guys.