Bendy Prime repaints; how do you fix the arms??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by butz, Aug 24, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Like the thread title reads. On the Cyb repaint, I tried splitting the forearm area in half to swap the fists, but I broke part of the forearm and one of my tiny screwwdrivers in the process... how the hell are you supposed to fix this problem?? :throw 

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Basically, the main thing is to dislodge the metal pin that holds the elbow together. with the elbow apart, it's pretty easy to remove the forearm sleeves by squeezing the inner part.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hold a soldering iron to the elbow pins, heat up , and slide out.
    Swap, then pop em back in with plyers if needed.

4. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

You don't need to heat them up. I pressed the pins out of the elbows on the bendy Prime I'm repainting, by just pushing on them with the tip of my smallest scredriver. I put a block of wood, with a hole drilled in it under the pin.

One end of the pin will be flush with the plastic, and the other end will be recesses a little. On mine, the flush end was the end that was knurled. I just pushed on the recessed end, and the pin slid out.

5. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  6. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

So *that's* what's wrong with the arms!!! I have only Bendy Prime, and I thought everyone was always saying it wrong, because what's actually inverted in that toy are the thighs, not the arms. No I can see the factories messed up double time! :lol 

Just to add to the thread, fixing the legs is quite easy. Unscrew the lower legs and separate them from the thighs. Pop the thighs off and switch them. Plug them on and invert the knees. Reattach the lower legs. Voila, Bendy Prime can *sit*!!

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

Nevermind guys- I went and bought a new one to replace the one I broke, and its arms were assembled just fine, right out of the box. It also had the planet key symbols on it, whereas the old one (with the backwards arms) did not... maybe it was a running change/fix, and the planet key symbol ones have the fixed arms??? I dunno. Problem solved though, and thanks for the suggestions- I might try to salvage the broken one.

8. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Nope, mine have no symbols, but the arms are fine. I'm happy either way (symbols or not) personally. Especially since I keep it in robo mode on my leader shelf anyway. I miss his minicon/gun tho.