Ben Reily related question for Twin Twist

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Enigma2K2, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    They're saying it's not possible to bring him back because his body disentegrated, right?

Well I just came up with a counterpoint... Morlun's body did the same thing at the end of his first fight with Spider Man... and he came back....

Something to think about....

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

But Morlun was like... spiritual. Magic. Ben was... not :( 

3. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

If Superboy' could have caused reality to bring Jason Todd back... who's so say that the House of M reality never brought Ben back as well. One can always dream.

4. Enigma2K2

Ebay:
    Don't talk like that, man!!! We have to cling to every ounce of hope we can!!

5. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    If Ben came back as the Scarlet Spider that would be most kick ass. but come on, he melted into pond scum with possibly the worst villian return ever. *glares at osbourn*

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I love you. And the beard.

7. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

It doesn't matter how final a comic book death seams, they can always come back. However, I don't think any writer would actually want to bring back Ben Reilley for fear of fan lynching.

8. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

anything relating, directly or indirectly, to the Clone Saga should be shot into the sun so we can finally put that shitty story behind us. :p 

9. Enigma2K2

Ebay:
    ... and yet we have to deal with that dumb ass X-23... now that's a crime.

10. Enigma2K2

Ebay:
    Say what you will, I still say Ben was the best part of that saga.... granted he was the ONLY good thing about it, but still...

11. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I don't have many problems with X-23. She fits well into the New X-Men: Academy X book pretty well. And she was great in Nyx.

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

My goal in life is to make it as a Marvel writer and bring back Ben as the Scarlet Spider. It will happen, oh yes it will.

13. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

And I will kiss the ground you walk on.

14. Enigma2K2

Ebay:

... to each his own. As I stated, I don't have a problem with Ben Reily, so we're even.

15. Enigma2K2

Ebay:
    You have my unyeilding support and loyalty, my lord.

16. Shipwreck

Schwarzenegger him 'Junior style' and carry him around with me for nine awkward months if that is what it would take.

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Bring back Ben is about the most simple way of bring back any marvel character, Ben was a clone, made at least in part under the green goblins orders [if that’s wrong sorry it been a few years since I read it] simply clone the clone with a sample GG got from him while he was kicking his ass. Even the worst marvel hack could throw that together in to half believable story [by marvel standards], hell even give the whole thing a simple twist like cos the clone DNA degrading at first he’s a spider monster, or he gets and keeps a symbiont [just to make him different from spider man]. Hell even make Ben some what more of a success than Peter, better job, an actual beloved super hero, or at least not have all that bad press following him around, have him hook up with the black cat as well. That way you get an interesting effect on peter too, not only is there a clone of him running around out there but a clone that’s doing a hell of a lot better at life than him.

That is about a years worth of story arc’s just there and I pulled all of that out of the air just sitting here, so that proves it can be done, so now we just have to storm marvel and make sure it is done.

18. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Actually, I like a lot of Cast's ideas. I'd stick around for a few months following that story and seeing how it pans out. some of that could even run on for a year or more...

19. Shipwreck

And then have Peter snap and fight Ben and have Ben kill him.

20. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

You know I would love to see that done just to watch fan boys totally spaz out and start foaming at the mouth.

You know I missed another damn obvious story arc you could do with the revived Ben, him vs. the green goblin, either for pay back or the goblin being all piss cos he turned on him after he had him re cloned for what ever reason, oh and have Ben killed Norman for good, I mean really final, created remains no way he could escape type death. For one cos Norman should have stayed dead in the first place and secondly adding to the whole Ben out doing Peter arc given it was the clone and not the original that killed off their arch nemesis.

I mean really is any thing I said any worse than the bug talking, eye eating, Iron man suit wearing spider man we have right now?