The Batman - Matt Reeves Directing and Producing

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prime17, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I dont think its a "copy Marvel" thing but something that there should be an order first. Introductions and build step by step. You can just say "Oh. Lex has gone crazy and we got to gather WW, Batman and Superman and there are other héroes we gotta gather". I keep saying that BvS should have been a 2 part -film and then get the JL ready by the end of it. Without Superman dying of course.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    People act like WB execs have some hard on for Gotham. They don't give one single crap. It's just that Batman movies and cartoons are the only things that have never failed to make money, which is the only thing they DO care about. People forget that even the Schumacher movies as they got worse, both continued to make more money than the previous movie had.

So stop blaming WB, who would be just as happy promoting only Aquaman movies and cartoons if it made them money. Blame the general audience that only cares about Batman, regardless of quality.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    But the point remains. They went aboht this the wrong way.

4. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

I say shelf this movie for a few more years, it's not like we really need another batman movie, and this is coming from a huuuuuge batman fanboy....

5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Oh. I will never argue that. xD I wish the DCEU was made different. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, Matt Reeves will officially direct and produce the movie apparently.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    But... Didn't talks break down?

8. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Clearly not.

This movie, alongside the entire DCEU, has hit such a level of gossip hyperbole clickbait "scoops" now that sites will "report" absolutely anything and everything with zero fact checking. Someone probably saw Matt Reeves out getting a Starbucks, so boom, that means he's not in a meeting... uh oh... which MUST mean he stormed out of said meeting and talks must have broken down!!!! Quick, to the Twitter!! It's seriously gotten THAT stupid and desperate... where people now WANT more drama & controversy with this whole Snyder/Affleck/DC world where/when there often actually isn't any.

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Or, ya know, they put out a press release and all to make it official.

'The Batman': Matt Reeves Closes Deal to Direct and Produce

10. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Well, I'm happy for Matt, provided they actually let the man do what he wants...

11. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    And it's good that they did. It will now make people shut the fuck up about this particular aspect so that they can get back to rambling about Affleck supposedly quitting and breaking his contract, Snyder supposedly being fired, the DCEU needing to be scrapped and starting over, blah blah blah.

12. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    He's on board today, who knows about tomorrow... WB has been burning through directors left and right for DC movies.

13. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

Does this mean Ben will stop moping and stick around long enough to help get the DCEU off the ground?

14. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    He already HAS helped that happen... which is also the fundamental problem. If he bails after BvS, SS and JL, he also essentially dismantles the entire DCEU that was built AROUND him and BECAUSE of him. That's why the DC fanboys are freaking out every second day.

Despite WB clearly having no idea what they're doing here and royally screwing up what they HAVE done, Affleck still signed up for it and shouldn't be allowed to break contracts and whatever else just because these movies have been ripped apart critically and he no longer likes how it's going (if those rumors are true). Guaranteed, that guy had endless amounts of meetings and inth degree negotiations before he ultimately decided to do the superhero thing again, so it's not like he was bamboozled or anything. Just because it may all have backfired, he DID knowingly go into it, and as such, shouldn't be allowed to walk away just because he's being emo about it and regretting the decision.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

That was exactly my point. He is the linchpin now for the entire DCEU regardless of the opinions of Affleck or the audience. He was installed in that role first by the ending of B v S, his addition into Suicide Squad, and his apparent creation of the Justice League. We'll have followed him through three movies and I believe it will kill whatever momentum they will have built up at that point if they change actors.

Again.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm a DC fanboy and that is not why I'm freaking out.

I'm freaking out because if Afleck doesn't bail, it might take longer for the DCEU to be dismantled, which would make it longer before something of quality might eventually be created in its place.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Haha, welcome to being a Transformers fan and having Michael Bay running the live action movie show for the past 10 years.

Sorry, bud, but you're in for quite a long wait. They're too far into this hilarious joke of a DCEU... with or without Affleck, it's still not going anywhere anytime soon. Unfortunate, but true.

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't agree. There's been so much attempted course correction so far, and more and more with each subsequent movie in production or pre-production, that I wouldn't be surprised to see the entire thing crumble.

And I am a Transformers fan. Have been since 1984. And the Bay movies are nowhere near as egregious as this DCEU. The other critical difference being that the DC movies have been underperforming compared to the money WB was hoping and expecting them to make, whereas the Transformers movies have all done exactly what Paramount wanted them to.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Fair enough, but it's still not going to happen. Believe me, I'd like to see some DC movies that are actually good too, but they're still not going anywhere, let alone are going to be rebooted this soon. They're going to keep trying to do exactly what you just said: course correct. But they're going to do it from movie to movie... just as they already have with BvS to SS to WW to JL. That, and with a Batman movie/trilogy, a Nightwing movie, a Man of Steel sequel, a Cyborg movie, an Aquaman movie, and another Justice League movie all either in the pipeline, completed or tentatively announced, they ARE sticking with it.

Doesn't matter if YOU like the Bayformers stuff and don't like the DCEU stuff - the fact is that they are VERY comparable in this context. Just as many people hate the Bayformers and (shockingly) love the DCEU so far by contrast, and BOTH franchises have been utterly ripped to shreds critically despite making boat loads of money. The DCEU stuff has underperformed to studio expectations, sure, but none of them have actually bombed yet. Both BvS and SS still made decent bank. So just like the Bayformers movies where most people can't say enough bad things AFTER they paid to go see them, the studios are still making money and green lighting more. No personal bias for or against any of them changes that fact.

20. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I don't even know what to believe anymore.

• Like Like x 1