The Batman - Matt Reeves Directing and Producing

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prime17, Apr 12, 2016.

1. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz I LIVE

News Credits:
    Yeah cause we needed more shit crammed in that movie.

At this point I'm convinced NO ONE has a definite plan over at WB. I don't care if Ben leaves or doesn't I just want some good god damn movies at this point. And with ALL of the characters at WB's disposal I don't get how thats hard for them.

2. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Something tells me Kevin Feige has an inside man intentionally screwing up projects like the DC Cinematic Universe and Fant4stic so he can claim the film rights to all major comic book properties.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Affleck should just cut his losses, give up the cowl, and walk. The BvS stink already overshadowed Live By Night. He hangs in any longer, he's going to lose all the goodwill he's worked so hard to get and fall back to down Bennifer era Gigli levels of public ridicule.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Hell, I think the DC super-heroes should give up on these movies and walk.

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Either there is too much Executive meddling, or we will find out in a few years they have their own version of Tom Rothman. Rothman spent years sabotaging the X-men and Fantastic Four movies due to of personal dislike of superhero movies.

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    You know this is actually a fucking shame. As much as a turd as the first three movies have been, I really thought Affleck's Batman turned out really good (if a bit closer to Miller time than I like) and since he's a good director, that this film would be pretty damn good. And it seems the lunatics running around the top levels of WB Entertainment have fucked that up to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That's really the only explanation that makes any sense at this point.

To quote Ian Flemming: "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I wouldn't be shocked if this were the case.

I honestly believe that when it comes to film, WB does not and probably never will give a crap about any DC Comics character that doesn't hail from or operate in Gotham City. As far as I'm concerned, never mind Justice League --- Wonder Woman is their last chance, period, end.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I gave them three movies already. If I give them any more money I am telling them I don't care how bad the movies are, I will go see them anyway.

13. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I gave Man of Steel a chance, I thought it was okay. I was extremely skeptical of Dawn of Justice, and I ended up hating it. I didn't even give Suicide Squad the time of day. I'm presently skeptical of Wonder Woman and I think Justice League is WAY too soon. I'm tired of the almighty Bat over saturating DC comics media, so I was more just tired of it when I heard about this movie. Tired, but maybe there was some hope for it.

And now I just don't care anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Fair enough. I'm only giving them a last shot with WW just to see if there's ANY remote chance that ANYBODY that WB picks for the job can do at all right by a character who isn't Batman or any of his Rogues. If it fails, f***'em, I'll stick with the comics, cartoons and/or Berlanti shows from there on.

I don't support filmmakers and/or production companies who can't pull their heads out of their ^$$es, either.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Well....from the get go this DCEU was problematic. MoS was okay but it lacked something, BvS was...ugh....its just plain weird and SS is just...bad. And i LIKED SS when I first watched it! :(  I saw it again a few weeks ago and couldnt stand it. :( 
    We know this DCEU WONT fail because of all the money is going to make. The movies may be full of mistakes but will be HUGE $$$$$ success. :S

16. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If WB/DC really wanted to jumpstart a cinematic universe, they should have just started with a Justice League movie with the Trinity and 3-4 other heroes and then follow the classic JL formula of Introduce the Big Bad, SPLIT THE TEAM UP INTO GROUPS-- there's your series of movies right there: Each member of the Trinity would helm a team up movie with 1-2 of the other Leaguers servicing the overarching Big Bad plot while giving room to flesh out the 2nd Tier characters-- and then reunite to defeat said Big Bad in JL2. Then you see who clicks with audiences and spin out from there. It's just the opposite of the MCU formula, but DC's characters have the iconic stature to pull that off where Marvel's B-listers never would have been able to without the solo introductions.

I get WB/DC felt like they needed to play catch up, but you still need to have a plan. You can't just fling stuff at the wall like a chimpanzee and hope something sticks.

18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, what DC should have done was first have Superman learn from his mistakes in Man of Steel 2, which would then lead into a standalone Batman film, with a standalone WW one, then Flash, have a new Green Lantern movie, which ends with him meeting with Superman saying there is a big threat named Brainiac heading towards Earth that is going to require the help of several heroes.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Can't say I agree with Brainiac, but your right. Thats exactly the plan they should have used. Sure it may copy Marvel but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member