Ben 10

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MPrime10, Apr 1, 2012.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've watched a few episodes, and while I haven't exactly followed it, the show seems like one of the better ones on TV right now (for kids shows that don't suck ass anyways), and along with the everpresent plumber jokes, it got me to buy a Hyperalien Highbreed vinyl figure.

+rep

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just pulled out my Ben 10 DVDs to start watching again the other day. Only watched the pilot so far, but ready for more.

I loved the original series because Ben acts like a kid. Once he became a teen I lost interest. It worked because he is an immature little kid and not a teen that is becoming mature. What little I saw of the second series he was what 14? He acted way too adult. Give me irresponsible and immature Ben.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I loved all three of the series and my favorite was Heatblast and Diamondhead.
    Too bad Derrick came in to rape my childhood...

• Like Like x 1
  4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

He's fifteen if it makes a difference. Teen Ben seems to me to have a Peter Parker type personalty. Cool enough in front of the audience to be acceptable as an insert, but uncool enough in the eyes of his peers for the audience to identify with his FML moments. Responsible and mature enough to not get killed without Max around, but irresponsible enough to still go out looking for trouble in the first place. It works for me, although I do sometimes miss the thrill seeking side of his younger self.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    To those who don't care enough to watch this far in AF, ever since Alien Force Season 3, he's been back to normal immaturity.

On, like, a Kevin scale.

6. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I care to, but as mentioned previously, I stopped watching and started over again due to local unavailability of one volume of the series.

7. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    The original series was definitely better than Alien Force and Ultimate Alien. Hopefully Omniverse can reignite that same spark the original series did.

8. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  9. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ben 10 original series was great. Alien Force and Ultimate Alien are both just flat out bad. I watched the series finale of Ultimate Alien on CN mobile out of boredom the other day. It is just so terrible written, executed so poorly, and boring as hell.

They basically summoned space C'thulu, and Vilgax is his herald. 1/4 of the entire hour is spent watching Vilgax try to kill Ben with generic energy blasts. He keeps asking for more power, but it never gets more dangerous, he just does the same crap. When he is finally summoned, the guy with the sword tries to use it to kill space C'thulu, but dies. Ben goes Ultimate Waybig. Despite how epic Space C'thulu versus Ultimate Waybig sounds, it was still incredibly boring. And they use 'kick your butt' over and over again. Like, I know this show is aimed towards kids, but holy crap does that phrase just get beaten to death on this show.

Anyways, Vilgax betrays space C'thulu (shocker), and gets his powers. Remember the sword that was unable to kill Space C'thulu minutes before? Ben uses it in his human form to defeat the powered up Vilgax. No explanation is given for why this happened.

Ben absorbs the powers of Space C'thulu into the sword, and then Vilgax tries a 'we are not so different' speech on Ben. This is a cliche that can be done right, but it fails so, so terribly here.

The CGI movies based on the original series was such a breath of fresh air from how horrible the show has become. Generator Rex is far superior to Alien/Ultimate. It is geared for kids, and it shows sometimes. There are filler episodes, but they are actually very funny, a serious confrontation with a villain can be ruined by goofy stock sound effects, and I sometimes think the entire reason for Bobo's existence was to appeal to kids. However, very strong characterization, very cool world they live in, which is on the brink between normal and post-apocalyptic, and very good stories within an overall myth arc.

Officially, it is in hiatus. The last episodes of the season have aired internationally, but not on Cartoon Network of America itself. I'm praying they are waiting to air the last episodes when they can get together a time to show it, probably when they are ready to air the new season of Clone Wars.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see Generator Rex again on the Canada Cartoon Network.

Plus this new show as David Kaye as a evil T-Rex based alien....gee i wonder where they got the idea? :rolleyes2  nontheless awesome.

11. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    You mean Khyber? He's not really T-rex based.

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dear god I'm laughing my ass off. Just got done watching the episode where Max and the kids visit a town with a bunch of the "World's Largest" type objects. Ben accidentally unleashes a hyperactive little lightning creature. The mayor of the town is hilarious. He talks in a slow flat monotone type voice, but every line is gold. "There go the World's Largest toothpicks.... oh the humanity.":lol 

Dear god I am loving seeing the show again. Catching so many nice references and jokes. In one ep Ben sees a sea monster. Max takes Ben fishing. The boat captain is a grizzled older guy named Captain Shaw. Nice way of a roundabout reference to Jaws. Capt. Quint played by Robert Shaw.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  13. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    He means by his T-Rex Voice. Yes.

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  15. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    To Quote the Ben 10 wiki:

Appearance:

He has a turquoise face with sharp teeth, a dinosaur skull on his left shoulder and dinosaur bones on his body. He has spikes around his neck.

16. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Fun fact: It's run by 12 years who try and copy TFWiki's manner of image captions, or at least it was.

17. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I did not know that. Do go on.....

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    For example, I recall a caption saying Kiss kiss kiss!

19. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
  20. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Prime Grimlock should be Likend after Rath Himself.