Ben 10 Ultimate Alien discussion.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bumblebot98, Apr 24, 2010.

1. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    UA aired yesterday, Little mediocre but still not bad, can't wait to see Benwolf and the original 10 along with Wildvine and the other later season aliens :D 

2. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If this show gives the 'horror series' aliens from the original series, as well as Eye Guy, more screen time, and if Ultimate Way Big and Wrath aren't copouts (like Cannonbolt is), then I'll watch this (can't be worse than S3 of Alien Force).

3. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I cannot even imagine what the hell ultimate Way Big must be.

It was okay. Serviceable enough. Frankly, nothing too different from the previous seasons as of yet. The ID reveal is something I really, really hope gets explored beyond the well...the lame Spider-Man "homage" MacDuffie apparently tossed in. "Threat or Menace?" yeah.

It just doesn't have any juice for me. Ben and team are clearly, unequivocally saving people all the time. Yes, yes, media manipulation and all, but it still smacks of trying to create a conflict merely because it's written that way, not that it arises organically from the circumstances in the show's universe.

Of course, the fact that they very clearly established the fact that world governments bow to the Plumbers' expertise in alien situations means that Ben is automatically safe from any and all legal threats. It was rather refreshing to see the colonel there just lay it out and get it dealt with like a reasonable, intelligent person.

I dunno about the new villain yet. Haven't seen him really, and frankly, having him carve up a helpless crab guy hanging from the ceiling hardly puts him in Vilgax or Zs'Skayre territory yet.

I like Kevin's new combined powers, mimicry plus shifting? Good, he feels less nerfed now. I swear, it was like they were desperate not to have him overshadow Ben for a while, there.

According to this fan wiki, there are now a total of 46 available forms: Ultimatrix - Ben 10 Wiki Planet - the Ben 10 Resource!

But I guess "Ben 46" lacks a certain panache.

- Coeloptera

4. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I kinda felt like the only major thing lacking in this episode was that the plot was mainly focusing on Ben's Fame but the episode itself was concentrating on the whole "Find Bivalvin" thing.

5. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry to bring this thread, but hey the shows still going.

Yesterdays episode was the best so far, little lacking in plot with the whole robot scanning ben's alien's fighting moves.

6. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Really? I thought it was crap because it wildly stepped outside the realm of logic even for this show.

Harangue, on television, with apparently hundreds of thousands if not millions of people watching, publicly called Ben out, gave a when and a where, then engaged in a robot fight on the Mall in front of the Capitol Building while appearing on TV handling the robot's remote board and nobody seemed to care. Then he gets to turn around and claim "I was framed."?!

This is, I will note, after the robot attacked Ben twice, in public. No witnesses? I recall it also tried to attack a car full of bystanders. Nobody notices this? What? Did they forget after it was out of range?

Sorry, that is terrible, lazy writing. See, in the real world, we'd call a guy who fired missiles and hit the Capitol "a terrorist". I don't care how fantastic the Ben 10 world is, and it is pretty darn so; to crib JJJ's "Spider-Slayer" idea so openly, then utterly ignore any hint of consequence for an action that is so overt, even a cartoon government would have to take notice just annihilates my suspension of disbelief.

This whole thing with the angry pundit just isn't working for me because we see nothing outside the TV broadcasts. The entire country seems to treat Ben as a celebrity. Remember the tennis match? No one feared him. Chicks hit on him. Nobody on the street runs from him. Cops don't bother him. The armed forces defer to him in matters of aliens.

But somehow, the thinly disguised parody of a Fox News commentator has a robot fight with missiles on his show that he scheduled, and nobody cares.

Not buying it.

- Coeloptera

7. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Pwned.

Ben10 was the best series overall. This and Alien Force have been crap.

8. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I liked cause I thought it was funny:lol .

9. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely good points here. I honestly felt that the series was great with the original (Ben 10) and not terrible with the first two seasons of Alien Force. After that, though, it does leave a lot to be desired. At this point, I'm just in it to see the Ultimate forms (also somewhat lacking so far, given the series title), and possibly the horror series aliens from the original making a return (and maybe with better names. Seriously, "Benmummy" and "Benvictor"?).

Not holding my breath on the latter, either.

10. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Well season 1 is ending in 3 weeks, I have missed about half the season so has anyone had a better verdict on this show as its gone through more episodes?I've seen 3 episodes so I don't really know.

11. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    More Ben 10? Fuck, man.

12. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    :lol .