Ben 10 Omniverse discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by deltaprime, Aug 1, 2012.

1. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I *may* be jumping the gun a bit with this one, but currently CN is airing it's preview episode of the 4th enstallment of the Ben 10 franchise, Omniverse.

No spoilers yet, just stuff I noticed:

-LOTS of familar VAs.
    - Takes place a year I believe after Ultimate Alien
    -Our old friend Derrick Wyatt is doing the art for the show, and it's very TFA reminiscent
    -Speaking of being TFA reminiscent, Wyatt apparently wasn't done redesigning obscure transforming robots just yet. One of the baddies Ben fights is none other than the Renegade Gobot, Crasher!

So yeah, feel free to discuss.

2. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

imo, ben ten should have ended years ago

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I agree, it should have ended after the first series. Or at least after Alien Force.

4. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. I lost interest after the original series ended.

5. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Just watched it. It seems to be alot better than Ultimate Alien. Glad to see Ben somewhat on his own for once, and not having Kevin and Gwen everywhere he goes. His new sidekick looks to be interesting, and if Vilgax comes back, make him the unstoppable warlord like he was in the first series, and Alien Force.

6. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

i lost interest half way through the first series

7. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think this one is more of a reboot but yeah Ben 10 shouldve ended after the first series

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It seems like when the first series happened to now, Ben is like that cocky kid whom you just want to either punch him in the face or kick him in the nuts, because quite frankly hasn't learn any sort of lesson. Sure he's a hero, but that attitude of his should change to make him likable and not making him such a douche.

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:

I noticed that too, I saw DW credited and knew the style was his for sure. Kept seeing a DINOBOT look for a couple of baddies.:thumb 
    The baddie comanding the doggie turned "TFA Snarl" looked like a version of Lockdown.
    One of the omnitrix aliens also had the Yoketron or Samurai Prowl looking headpiece. So yeah, TFA all over B10.

However, not a big fan of taking Ben10 back in time and losing Gwen and Kevin as his sidekicks..full time anyway. I liked the 3 of them working together, plus it's always nice to have both genders on the team.
    This new alien plumber might be a nice addition tho, at least he's competent. :) 

Was good to see Max again, yep, that was nice.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  10. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    I don't get this new series at ALL. Were still telling the story of Ben right? But why are they also re-telling of the original ben when he first retrieved his omnitrix? are both Bens post to collide once again to defeat evil? Like in that one episode of Ultimate Alien? Also...Please bring back Heatblast with his awesome voice in the original for Ben to have as his go to once character again... OK maybe a bit far fetch, but I can dream.

11. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Page D'Ecriture Spy Cousin Jeice

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I saw it & i got one thing to say, Win.

12. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

Recorded it last night, just watched it. Strangely enough, I'm more accepting of the art-style when it's applied to Ben 10 instead of Transformers. Weird, isn't it? Anyway, it's already far better than Ultimate Alien, which had terrible, rushed stories and writing. I don't really like that some of the aliens we'll see in Undertown are going to be anthropomorphized animals, but I'll still take the Rooster-man over those lame dimension-sliding ninjas.

The only problem I really have with this right now is the fact that this series only exists because Cartoon Network is milking the franchise. Hopefully Generator Rex won't share that fate.

13. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    unfortunately, generator Rex is apparently over at this point. wish it wasn't tho, it was one of my favorite shows.

back on topic. gotta say, i loved this one. the art style is defiantly a lot more "kid friendly" styled than the last few, but it works with a show like this.
    bringing back 10 year old Ben is a good move, and his fight with the red upgrade "malware" is apparently supposed to help him in the fight against the new villain at some point, like flashbacks or something.
    it still does seem that Ben is being a d-bag in this show, but they are trying to play off his original personality, so i can except that.
    the theme song is pretty good, especially since the last 2 seemed more like battle music then theme music.
    rook seems interesting, and a good contrast to bens personality, so that's good.
    and the new alien designs do look good, and they have interesting powers, like the gorilla made of building blocks, or the feedback guy.

overall, other then bens personality not changing much, this series is really looking good so far, and i cant wait to see how it develops.

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i lost interest when they stopped being kids. that was the appeal of the whole show.

two kids and grandpa traveling the US in a motor home battling aliens. plus tara strong.

and they took that all away.

15. mrfang2

News Credits:
    now they are doing stories with him as a kid again, so there.

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

not really from what i've looked up, he's going to be mainly 17 again. with sometimes stories taking place when he's 11. but idk, the animation doesn't look nearly as neat as it did. and it still won't be 2 kids traveling the country with grandpa fighting aliens again.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Youtube?

I got to see I like the new direction and plus David Kaye in Ben 10. Nothing is better than him in something.

18. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I just want to know what the hell happened to the Ultimatrix, and why have we gone back to the "Random Alien Malfunction"?

19. mrfang2

News Credits:
    azmuth turned it off since it was unfinished, the new omnitrix is still malfunctioning for whatever reason or ben just doesn't know how to use it yet. for all we know, its set to shuffle.

20. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I don't want to get too off topic, but has there been any recent news on that new live action movie they said they were making?