Ben 10 Mini-Figures as Animated Humans/Helper 'Bots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Monte Williams, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Monte Williams

Monte Williams Deconstructicon

Having just watched Transform and Roll Out for the second time in as many days (I thought my four-year-old daughter would enjoy it... which is to say that a kid makes a great excuse for being self-indulgent), I was struck by a notion that might prove viable and might just prove lame:

Could Ben 10 mini-figures work as Mr. Sumdac's various helper robots?

Specifically, I thought it'd be cool to get a few of these guys:

[​IMG]

I believe its name is Echo-Echo (or so google seems to be implying.)

While I don't believe the Ben 10 series boasts any female human figures to serve as makeshift Sari toys, Ben himself might be a reasonably to-scale kid to chill with your Animated Autobots, and while I'm not sure how a freaky blue monkey would fit in, it'd sure be fun to find out:

[​IMG]

And hey: looking for a bigger photo of that figure of Ben himself yielded a female! Her name is Gwen, and while she doesn't resemble Sari, her mask obscures that fact somewhat (you'd have to use your imagination to justify the mask, I suppose):

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any indication of her scale; she might not be one of the mini figures, in which case she'd only work alongside that giant talking Bumblebee figure:

[​IMG]

And of course I might be drastically overestimating everyone's desire for action figures of humans and helper 'bots from the Animated universe; as a fan of Sigma 6 and its strange, eight-inch scale, I am in the habit of desperately trying to combine figures from various lines. :) 

If anyone has already tried this combination, or even if someone just happens to coincidentally have some Animated figures and some Ben 10 mini figures, I'd love to see a photo of the two alongside one another, for scale reference.

Thanks!

Cheers,

-Monte

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

3. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

If you have the cash, these'd work.

4. Monte Williams

Whoa!

Are they imports?

Are they articulated?

5. Zherbus

News Credits:
  6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    The ben 10 figures? Their about transformer scout/activator size.

I saw the lucky girl one at kmart last year. But echo echo and chromastone are worth thinking about as their a bit on the small side.

7. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

this

8. Monte Williams

Thanks for the link!

It's their dedication to the property that I admire:

1x Female Sidekick
    1x Father
    1x Detective

Heh-heh.

Well, the sculpts are accurate, but Sari is freaky tall, and the articulation looks to be minimal, at best. Plus, that is a straight wacky friggin' price to pay.

Probably sounds weird, but I think I'll stick with makeshift versions from Ben 10 and whatever else I can find.

9. Zherbus

News Credits:
    Yeah absolutely. I'll just wait until the eventual Hasbro human figures come out in some fashion. I'm wondering if that voyager class Bumblebee w/accessory would come with the little scuba vehicle and the "Detective".

For my Classics/Universe-based comic I used cheap-ass human soldier guys from the Halo-clix game. $3 later and I have humans. If I want the Spike/Danny suit figures or the Spike and Sparkplug figures, I'll have to pony up. Quite frankly, I just don't like/care for the characters enough to drop money on them.

10. Monte Williams

I just bookmarked your comic for later perusal; my computer recently went crazy and now my Comic Book Creator doesn't work. It's driving me nuts!