BEN 10: I am beyond pissed right now..

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Witwicky Camaro, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I just can't seem to catch this show anymore. It was easy back when it first aired and it showed all the time on Saturday at 10:00am in the morning. But suddenly, the more popular it became the more times BEN 10 got shifted around Cartoon Network's Time Slot (sometimes for other shows, sometimes not). From Saturday to Wendsday, Thursday, maybe Friday, before lingering on Thurdsay for a while and then going back to Saturday.

From 2006 to 2007, I have been playing a God-forsaken game of Cat and Mouse with Ben Ten, trying to record the series as it has been shifted around. :mad  And when I find out there are at least three more episodes to be shown before Ben 10: Race Against Time (I guess), a film I'm wary of even looking at, with no airdates whenever I check up on the TV Schedule, I find out tonight that they were shown October 22nd, and November 3d, even though my guide told me reruns were coming on instead!!!!!

I am beyond pissed right now...

Sorry, I had to rant.

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    dude thats a gay little kiddies show why dont you grow up and grow some balls.

Surely there are other places you can find it to watch.

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i like that show too. and tfs were a little kids show as well. i dont even have cartoon network anymore so im all kinda of sad for when animated comes out

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    ever hear of the internet?

5. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

what the F is "ben 10"?

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Ditto...if it wasn't for the Batman kids cartoons would suck major Kyle balls.

7. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_10

See Wikipedia.org for information.

More fightin' words, I see? :duel 

Ben 10 is no more of a kiddie show than Transformers were with moral based, 'lesson-of-the-day' episodes (if I remember correctly). Or any other show for that matter that's not directly aimed at Young Adults (see: Toonami pre-2003-current).

Anyhow, yeah, I've heard of the internet, but the point of my ranting is that I wanted to record the show, not just watch it. I won't watch it unless I've got the materials to record it, that's just how I am (watching it and not recording only reminds me of my failure to catch it when it was on). Then there are other shows I don't mind missing and gladly will watch on the internet if I miss it.

8. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Kyle Balls?

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

South Park Imagination Land reference...I've watched the repeats WAY too many times.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ben 10:

10 year old Ben spends summer with Cousin Gwen and their Grandpa driving around in an RV. On the first night an alien device crash lands near the camp site and an alien watch attaches itself to Ben's wrist when he reaches for it. The watch let's him turn into various aliens. Ben uses to watch to fight bad guys and evil aliens.

Grandpa turns out to be an old MIB type agent from a group called "The Plumbers".

It is very funny. The watch doesn't work properly sometimes and changes him into a seemingly useless alien for the situation. Some of the aliens are:

Fourarms: Four Armed alien who is about 8 feet tall and super strong.
    Grey Matter: 8 inch tall super smart alien
    Upgrade: Alien who can stretch and control machines and warp them for alternative uses.
    Diamondhead: living crystal alien who can shoot out bolts of diamond.
    Heatblast: Fire alien
    Ripjaws: Fish type alien
    Wildmutt: Alien dog with super sense of smell.

and others show up later in the series.

Very fun. It is basically how a dork 10 year old would handle having ultimate superpowers.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    <----real name is Kyle

:lol  just thought I should know if my 'real' name was part of some saying...

12. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

TF was a 22 minute toy commercial, everybody knows that.

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've only seen it once, but I liked it. Dig the premise too, and I enjoyed the animation.

Probably won't ever watch it again, but I'll Netflix it if it comes out on DVD.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I tried watching it after a classmate in grade twelve recommended it since I liked aliens. (TFs)

Honestly, I could feel my IQ dropping as I watched it. The aliens were cool looking though, but had the lamest names. (Heatblast? Fourarms? Wildmutt? Man, I could've thought of better names.) Heat blast was actually my favorite, 'cuz he was pretty cool looking.

Am I the only one who thinks all cartoon children voices are unbearable? And talk about kiddified.

Though I don't blame Ben 10 for all of it, but is this the crap our kids watch today? What happened to Batman nd BW-esque shows that actually made you smarter, entertained you, were actually violent, (like, real violence, not anime 45-minute attacks violent) and are still watchable years later?

Exactly. I don't even see how people are usng TF as an argument since I doubt many of out frequent users still watch them. (besides BW)

15. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I've watched Ben 10 a few times, and liked the Animation style and some of the characters. It is pretty cool, although being way kiddified. But, the argument with Transformers is it was too and having been watching the episodes again is the shows are in the same vein with the "kid" approach.

Aren't MOST shows aimed at kids under 13 "kiddy" in nature? Look at ALL of the Transformers shows.

16. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Ben 10 is no Transformers.

Shame on you all.

17. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's no excuse for a comic book reader, especially a DC one to hate Ben 10. You wanna know why? Here i'll explain why simply:
    Ben 10=Dial H for Hero

If you don't know what Dial H for a Hero is SHAME ON YOU! A wag of my finger to you sir! It was ONE OF THE BEST COMICS OF IT'S TIME!

Dial H for Hero is a comic book feature published by DC Comics about a mysterious dial that enables an ordinary person to become a superhero for a short time. The dial causes its possessor to become a new superhero with a different name, costume and powers each time it is used. These superheroes are usually brand-new, but on one occasion the dial caused its owner to become a duplicate of an existing superhero, Plastic Man

18. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Who said it was? I was saying it is in the same demographic as Transformers. Hell, even with the archaic (by today's standards) animation and other issues the original series still rocks. With only updating the animation, and a few small things, the original Transformers series will still stand up.

I HOPE that the new Animated series brings BACK some of that nostalgia and character. Hell, the past three series (Armada, Energon, Cybertron) missed the mark for me and RiD was the closest when you take out some of the blatant Anime elements.

19. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I still watch tf its one hell of a commercial!!! I have seen Ben 10 and its okay just not something i would go crazy over but then again i have no room to talk since i go crazy over Transformers.

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Just make sure that you are also against Reboot when saying this.

On another note, there will be a live action Ben 10 movie for TV on the 21st

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.