Belated heads up to Canadians - Death Note

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by mx-01 archon, Oct 27, 2007.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure how many of you guys caught it last night, but YTV's finally cleared the rights to air Death Note (if anybody else was paying any close attention, they were trying to start airing it at the beginning of the fall season, but due to the subject matter, it was held up a bit with the censorship board).

I didn't find out about it until after the fact, but my bro recorded it, so I didn't miss it myself. To anybody else just finding out about this now, don't worry, as you didn't miss much. No real plot development so to speak, just an introduction for Light and Ryuk and the concepts/rules behind the Death Note itself.

2. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I was lucky enough that I was checking the YTV schedule to see when Avatar was going to be on and saw Death Note was finally being shown. Looked ok, will keep watching to see where it goes.

3. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Death Note kicks ass. I've read the whole manga series and it rocks.

4. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I already watch it sub, that being said Ill stick arround Im curious to see if they can par up the sub version....so far so good though.

but part of me thinks they casted ligth oh so very wrong.

5. SuperPrimalZ

SuperPrimalZ Well-Known Member

It's actually been thought that the delay that had Death Note originally to air on September 7, 2007 move to October 26 was because of Viz Media. It is thought that Viz schedule's their tape sendings by the time that [Adult Swim] scheduled their premiere of the show(meaning October 19), the same thing happened to Naruto years ago, where YTV was going to air the show two weeks before Cartoon Network, but was rescheduled to like a day before. Essentially meaning that Viz cares about Cartoon Network more then YTV. And some may question why didn't YTV launch Death Note on the same date as the US? Easy, they were airing the Fullmetal Alchemist movie(Which, by the way, was the Broadcast premeire for North America atleast) and had no time to schedule Death Note.

For the subject matter, YTV has aired a lot worse. Sure, Light [SPOILERS WARNING: FIRST TIME VIEWERS, MAY BE SKEWERED!!! @_@] kills tonnes of people, but many are off screen, and many die of a heart attack, unlike Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Eureka Seven, where deaths are much more graphic. [SPOILERS OVER, IT IS SAFE TO READ!]

Overall, I feel Brad Swaile is doing a fine job as Light Yagami, same with Brian "Over 9000!" Drummond as Vege...I mean Ryuuk. And this series seems to be another fine dub from Vancouver's Ocean Studios(Behind InuYasha, Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED Destiny, etc.).

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'm on volume 6 of the manga. I love it.

I had no idea that the show was on Cartoon Network.
    I think I caught it at about the second episode.

Cartoon Network never advertises their cool shows.
    I almost missed Death Note, but there are always a million ads for Super Deluxe.com. Lame.