Being human.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Rodentus prime, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just saw the first episode of the new series 'Being human' on BBC3 - it looks like it's worth keeping an eye on. It's about a Vampire, Werewolf and ghost living together, it's a shame that they changed two of the main actors from the pilot episode but most of the cast is pretty good - if you didn't se it it's on iplayer.

Any thoughts?

2. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I thought it was brilliant and am thouighly looking forward to the rest of the series. Never saw the pilot so not fussed about the actors much. Love the werewolf effects being very american werewolf in london style...

3. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The pilot episode is up on Youtube

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I'm not sure I like the "larger picture" storyline too much, I think a show like this would be great just focusing on the quirkiness of the situation rather then needing some larger context/event in its plot. I also liked the slower development of the ghost character in the pilot, as a newcomer to the situation, but overall, I did find the first episode to be far more refined and better acted. I didn't care much for the pilots vampire, not sure why.

Oh, and I think the ghost is rather attractive.

5. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reviving thread because I just saw this series on BBC America and am IN LOVE! I think of it like a British version of Buffy. Everyone should watch.

I saw the pilot on YouTube and I like the new Annie (the one they are using in the actual series), but I like both Mitchells.