Being a TF fan won me a prize!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Omegatron, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Occasionally, movie theatre personnel are given the opportunity to win prizes from various studios for promoting their films- or just paying attention in some cases. When Friday the 13th premiered, Paramount had a little contest that the first 100 theatre managers to reply to an online survey regarding the TF trailer would win a Madagascar 2 DVD. So, after getting home from the midnight premier, I registered my views. 3 weeks later, a package arrived for me at the theatre- with my Madagascar 2 DVD inside. Now, this isn't a movie I would've paid for on my own, but my kids enjoyed it in theatres. Yea for free DVDs just for being a fan!
    Has anyone else ever won something just for being a fan?

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't know if this counts, but my collection got me free movie tickets for life.

When the first movie was getting ready to come out, the theater manager found out that I was a collector and called me up asking if I could put some stuff on display for the release. It was a pretty big hit and I was asked to come back for opening weekend. I'm now the "Transformer guy" and I can just walk in and see whatever the hell I want.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    That's awesome! Wish I could go to the theatre whenever I wanted without paying! :lol 

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You could always get a job at a theatre...that works for me.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Haha, true, but I'm very happy with my current job, thank you very much! :)  Don't love movies that much!

6. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

That's great about the dvd. Nothing like that has happen to me. Although, I just won 50 bucks from work because of some safety drawing.

7. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Never won anything due to being a fan, but those are some awesome stories!

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude...!

Jelous.

9. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    lucky!

10. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Does it count if it was on a TF website? If so, this image won me a Unicron statue from this very site:

[​IMG]

That image won me a contest for the Magnus bust shown in the image, part of the cleverness that got it chosen, and made me one of the 14 qualified for the Unicron statue... weird thing was I never got the Magnus bust despite months of attempts, but after getting the Unicron statue I didn't want to look like an asshole whining over a $30 bust...

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I entered a contest with HMV and won the grand prize of over $1000 in Superhero collectibles. The highlight of the prize back was the huge DC Direct Batman museum quality statue :) 

12. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    When I was a kid, I entered a contest that a Pittsburgh TV station had in conjunction with the animated Transformers film. I ended up winning a vinyl album with "The Touch" on one side and "Dare to be Stupid" on the other.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ha ha, I actually lost a prize one time for knowing too much about movies since I knew about an Abbott and Costello film that the people running the contest had forgotten about when they made the contest.

Congrats on the win.

14. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I won the BotCon 2008 VA contest and now own a TF toy of myself as Flare-up.

15. kingjace

kingjace Well-Known Member

Which I am watching right now. You, fair lady, rock:thumbs2: 

As for what I won, I used to work part time at a fast food chain called Jollibee here in the Philippines and we had this kiddy meal with TF movie toys, kinda like the Legends class. The manager saw me giving a semi lecture on who the characters were when I was taking an order one time. That evening, he gave me a complete set of loose ones plus that little cardboard display we had.:bay 

And told me that if I ever caused traffic in my line again, he'd fire me:rolleyes: 

16. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I won a wonderful, slightly drunken, sloppy French kiss from a hot girl for answering a random Transformer history question of Wiki in a Truth or Dare game. It was awesome.