"Behold: Galvatron!"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CheifMagnum84, Apr 9, 2011.

?

New molds for Magnus & Galv?

1. Yes!

61 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. No!

14 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Who Gives?

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Who are Magnus & Galv?

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    [FONT=&quot]
    I've always been a big fan of them. Magnus in particular has almost made a career out of being underrated. On the one hand he's the "Autobots' greatest warrior", on the other hand he never quite seems to make it. He seemed to lose a lot. I tend to think of him as the sort of guy who does a lot of the heavy lifting, but never seems to have much luck or get any of the glory.

Galvatron, I loved him in the comics... he was like this mad unstoppable force. And I really dig the design. Megatron never really seemed to pose a threat in the way Galvatron did. Those time travel paradoxes were so epic. I really liked how Galvatron related to Megatron. He'd changed so much, he almost looked down on his former self.

Anyone remember how they used to hype these guys:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a lot of badly-airbrushed 80s awesome.

yeah, and we'd proably have to call it something lame like 'Space Dictator'. I think there's a reasonable chance it could be done as a Masterpiece at some point. If they could produce a screen accurate version, I'd be very happy. Those Floro Dery movie characters have so much style.

And if they want to go that extra mile they usually do with masterpieces, it might be fun to include some Megatron elements under the shell.[/FONT]

Attached Files:

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Please, if there ever was a Galvatron as a Voyager...please please please don't make him a cannon. Make him a tank...make him something that makes sense. Make him a triple changer, why not? Make everyone happy. Those who wanna display him as a cannon can, and those who want more sensible alt modes can have their tank.

3. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

Galvatron's cannon mode is more sensible than Megatron's Decepticon-sized handgun mode. :lol :

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    yes to both and a new Rodimus please

5. sh002

sh002 Banned

a voyager galvatron would be nice.

a rerelease of voyager ultra magnus would be nice.

lastly another third party's take on an ultra magnus trailer/armor would also be nice.

6. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I'd love both, esp Galvatron.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I would prefer a brand new imaging for Ultra Magnus. Not what people want about "oh re-release him again so we can put it on CC". I would prefer something new. Same with Galvatron.

8. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Yes, Universe Galvatron was crap, but I would not want him transforming into that ridiculous ass cannon from G1. I don't think Galvatron could get any better than Energon Galvatron. That thing is pure G1 love and is all you need.

As for Magnus, color me satisfied with what we got plus the FP armor. Bad ass.

9. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree, energon/superlink galvatron is about the best rendition of the character of late, not sure how it gets any better than that or how you can improve on him.