Minor/Repaint: Behold - galvatron!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ghost Prime, Apr 21, 2009.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    even if you hate his tank mode, I think you should show it so people can see how the new paint job affects or doesn't affect that mode.

2. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

i will later on but it just looks the same as the normal tank mode. i was trying to see if theres a MOD for the arm cannon because i want it to have 360 ect movement like what the other arm has but still want it to transform fine enough. anyone got a mod for the arm cannon? i want it to have more freedom of movement or at least an ALT mode instead of the Tank or the silly Henkei Tank-With-Legs option

3. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

I've never seen a mod for the arm cannon unfortunately...

As for the repainting, nice job. I think I'm going to end up dying the orange parts on mine, probably black. I'm not quite adventerous enough to do a whole figure repaint...

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LOL- pictures DO say a thousand words, and your pictures say there's no way you painted 95% of that figure. You say you painted all but the letters on the cannon - how did you paint AROUND the letters? You say you painted that part, but there's no way you COULD have. You can still see the stress marks on the gray part where it was removed from the sprue.

Or his chest - you can clearly see the chest connector below his head has been painted, but the whole chest/torso has the sheen of untouched plastic. You can also see the stress mark on the purple shoulder part where his cannon arm attaches. The gray border around his abs is still factory - it bears the same factory spray imperfections just like mine.

Maybe your 95% estimate is a little high?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
  5. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    You did what now? Like, Sherman Williams or...

I'm with MMM. It's clear enough to see the parts you did paint, because the purple you added and the stock are clear and visibly different. And that's fine, it looks like you did a good enough job with that part of it. But you're fudging around your numbers a bit about what you did fully, going from painting everything to 95% to what looks more like maybe 40%, and for what reason you're saying you did I dunno.

Radicons aren't about lying friend, there's no shame in fessing up, otherwise how are you gonna learn? :thumbs2: 

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Exactly - what's the point in lying about what was painted? It looks great and the painted parts were done well, but there's no reason to say parts were painted that clearly weren't.

Oh wait, I know why - he's trying to SELL IT and more like it.

I don't see a single gray part that has been repainted gray. You left the ends of the tank treads inside his legs gray (like they came from the factory) instead of painting them black like the rest of the tread?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  7. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

My first reaction to those pics were that this was had to be some kind
    of practical joke of some sort...not a very good one, admittedly...
    Didn't want to be the first to say it, but now that we agree that there's some...exaggeration, let's call it...going on here, I propose we stop giving this individual the attention they so obviously are desperate for...

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Guys, regardless of the truth (which we do desire to be communicated at all times, let's continue to take the high road on the methods in which we go about point things out.

In terms of the things we do and say, it's up to each person to commit to what they know as truth and to properly communicate such at all times.

Read from all of this that I am generally speaking. Also know that while Radicons have certain standards (please read the FAQ and Ettiquette), we also have the board rules that must be followed as well. Again, it's up to each person to commit to the rules upon which they subscribe to. Thanks! :thumb 

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't make me ban anyone from this thread, folks. SQ7 already has cleaned up this thread to get it back on topic, as well as remind everyone here they have to abide by the rules of TFW and of Radicons. Next person out of line gets kicked from the thread and a warm infraction as a parting gift.

10. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    I have got myself a digibashed concept of my own "True Cartoon" Galvatron. Very very similar to yours, but my tank mode looks ok and if anything more G1ish than before!

11. strata32000

strata32000 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Killer custom man.

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i love this mold, it is a very badass mold, it just suffers from size.....it would have been perfect at the voyager or ultra class.....