Customs: Beginners Resources

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Thunderchild, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

I searched thoroughly throughout the boards, and though I've found some great "How to..." stuff. What I'm really looking for is some good resources for total newbies like myself. I've only purchased, I've never customized, and now I'd like to get my hands in on that action. What are some good resources, techniques, and just things to know?

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

How isn't the tutorials section a good resource for "total newbies"?

Are you sure you read through it enough?

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/201900-table-contents.html

*looks at first heading*

I think so, yeah. :) 

The Radicons Staff continually strive to provide resources for highly-skilled artists, but we acknowledge we all start somewhere. For this reason, we also provide the "Introductory" type resources. Also, we want to make sure that each of our tutorials (no matter the skill level) are as comprehensive as possible, no matter the difficultly of the tutorial. We realize that Transformers toys cost money, and it can be hard making a leap to hack and paint toys. :) 

If there is any type of tutorial you'd like to see, let us know :)  However, make sure you've read through what we have first. :) 

4. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

Perhaps I should have expressed myself a little better, this table of contents link is brilliant, and exactly what I was looking for. Having the threads listed out like this is perfect. I thank you for showing me this, and sorry to have possibly wasted your time.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the link is right in the sidebar on the right of any radicons screen.

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

True. Regardless of skill level or experience, there's such a wealth of information in Radicons' tutorial section I find myself there minimum of once a week.

After getting some rudiments down, even regular threads can provide serious knowlege through observing what others did and engaging in constructive conversations with fellow members regarding specifics.

For example, there was a healthy conversation in a thread regarding ROTF Leader prime's pinstriping. I believe I learned of no less than 4 different ways to achieve the pinstripes.

You have to dive into all the threads, there is just sooo much to learn in every nook and cranny!:thumbs2: 

I look forward to seeing your projects.:thumbs2: