Customs: Beginner at Customization/repainting

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Kamileunbot, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Kamileunbot

Kamileunbot Scout Class

Hey everyone, I'm very new to this forum, but it looked like a good active one so I decided to join I've been a fan of them ever since the first movie came out, and have since come to enjoy the G1 and other cartoons as well.

Skipping on to the point, lately I have seen many lovely customization and repaint jobs on Deviantart. I would very much like to try this out myself, as I have a handful of movieverse toys and I enjoy painting and doing artsy stuff in my spare time, and it seems like a fun hobby. However, I've looked for tutorials/guides and it doesn't seem as if there are many out there.

I'm just curious about the basic process of it. I don't really want to dive in without knowing that, as well as the paints and materials I need (not to mention the fact I don't want to wreck any of my toys, lol). I'd love any links to any tutorials you guys may know of

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Welcome aboard Kamileunbot. Great spot to learn lots. Over on the right side of the screen are several links to some great tutorials.

3. Kamileunbot

Kamileunbot Scout Class

I am only now finding them. Silly me for not looking harder, and thank you very much. I am excited to start a new hobby and maybe make some new friends too :3

4. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Click on my sig.
    I have a Youtube channel centered around Kitbashing & customizing of TF's
    There is a 17 parts series on the custom process start to finish.
    Also like F_R said the Radicon tutorials section is a great place as well.

5. Kamileunbot

Kamileunbot Scout Class

Oh man, awesome! Thanks very much!

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    slightly off topic but what part of southern CA are you from? I just moved from SD, missed it until the weather started getting nicer here.

7. Kamileunbot

Kamileunbot Scout Class

I'm about an hour away from LA :3 It has been getting HOT...I kind of miss that June gloom we were having.