Before the movie came out, was anything thinking.... (frenzy related)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jul 22, 2007.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Before the movie came out, we were reading all the news about production and then we saw Frenzy's design and we were thinking WTF?! And then later on, we read that that character (Frenzy) was there for comic relief and also to appeal to the kids.

Was anyone ever worried that Frenzy was going to have Jar Jar binks syndrome?

Alot of people had hate for Jar Jar Binks from SW1. I personally didn't care for him at all so his presence didn't bother me.

So going back to Frenzy, I don't see much or any negative feelings about Frenzy. In fact, I kinda liked him. He was vicious and kinda scary. I understand why people might not like him but it didn't bother me at all.

So was anyone else worried that Frenzy was gonna be the Jar Jar Binks of Transformers?

2. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

terrified.
    but it turned out to be unfounded.

3. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

At first I thought: "WTF IS THAT.." - It was the only design issue I had.. But now after seeing him in action, I pretty much like the little guy.

I think Frenzy was kinda cute, especially his voice and the way he talked.

4. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

frenzy's voice did make me think of "gremlins"-not the little furry guy,the gremlins themselves...

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Frenzy's personality is what saved him. I thought I was going to hate him but he was actually a cool character.

6. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Personally, I was never worried that Frenzy was going to be the next Jar-Jar Binks... although he's likely to turn into one in the sequel, now that I think about it.

No, I'm more annoyed that Frenzy alone got as much screen time as every other Decepticon combined. From the trailers and ads, I was hoping for oodles of footage of Starscream, Bonecrusher, Barricade...

Instead, we get a little of Barricade before the last half-hour and a LOT of Frenzy, Starscream gets something like two whole lines, Bonecrusher gets killed in his first fight, and Barricade never even joins the final battle.

Meanwhile, Frenzy spends the rest of his time fighting a bunch of human characters who, let's be honest, never had any real contribution to the plot anyway.

If it'd been up to me, I would have tossed out Scorponok the non-Transformer altogether and partnered Starscream with Blackout at the very start of the film. Send either Brawl and Bonecrusher to the village to chase down the soldiers instead of Scorpy, Destroy Brawl there, have Bonecrusher airlifted out. Brawl had a minor role in the final battle anyway, and I never could figure out how a tank drove there as fast as a half-dozen wheeled vehicles.

Do all that, and Frenzy's over-importance in the film wouldn't have bothered me in the least.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    :lol 

BB was Gizmo and Frenzy was Stripe!

Seriously, I loved how vulgar he was and the all around shit-disturber he was. Perfect example of a Decepticon! I hope that Puppet of Frenzy goes on eBay, I'd pay good money for that!

8. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Frenzy isn't Jar Jar, which is GREAT. :D 

Wheelie, however, IS.

9. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    yes, frenzy totally reminded me of a gremlin in every way

10. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    tanks are fast

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea, I hated Frenzy the moment I saw him. He reminded me of the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. When I saw him in the movie, I didn't mind him all that much. But for a little POS character, he had waaaay too much screen time, while Starscream, and that sissy Bonecrusher were just shoved to the side.

12. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

I thought i wasnt going to like him, but it turns out he does play a nice part in the movie.

13. Dinotron

Dinotron AA2010 13-15 AUG BE THERE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i thought he was really funny. when he smashes his head on the screen, loses his head (both times) and when he falls at the dam........ had me rolled up.

14. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I loved franzy! He was a bucket of great!

15. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    someone may hit me, but i was more worried frenzy would turn out to be the new crazy frog like craze

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I think I'm one of the few to have liked the design of Frenzy from the beginning.

Was never worried of him going the path of Jar Jar either.

He didn't disappoint. A viscious, vulgur little prick..just what I wanted ^_^

17. bludgeon

bludgeon Well-Known Member

Yeah, one of my friends keeps calling him Jar Jar:p  I was surprised how much I liked him. He's not a great design, but the animators injected him with a lot of personality. He was one of the least useless Decepticons anyway:p 

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    actually, yes, i consider frenzy the jar jar of transformers.

WEESA PEOPLE GONNA TWANSFORM?!!

19. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

I did like his vicious side but the scene were he walked from air force one to Barricade and got in was a bit much. He did a Monty Python silly walk what was that about lols. He was cool though and I liked him more than I thought I would.

20. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I adored Frenzy, but man I agree they put too much emphasis on him and not the other robots. I'm just glad he wasn't named Soundwave.