Before I try to use nail polish on a ball joint...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've tried them all..

Future is the best

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Future is the easiest. I keep a bottle next to where I open my stuff up. I use a q tip, and drip a bit in, and move the joint around. Let it sit.

The reason future works best is its flexible. Superglue and nail polish dry hard and eventually flake apart. Modern ball joints are soft plastic. Older ball joints, the hard type would seem to work with the other stuff, but then they flake off when you try to pop them in.

Like I said..I experimented with them all. Just go get future floor polish and it will last the rest of your collecting lifetime, and you can fix every kind of joint on a transformer.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer using future floor polish over anything else for tightening joints.

4. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

The nice thing about Future shine as well is that you don't necessarily need to take the joint apart. When it dries, there is no adhesion, so no need to panic about fusing the joint. So Future works really well on pin joints as well. I used it to coat MP-13 Soundwave's feet and chrome to avoid scratches and chrome wear, and pretty much coated almost all of Laserbeak, to get rid of the slight rattle some of his joints had. Laserbeak is now a solid little figure. Planning on doing the same to Ravage and Rumble when they arrive. The other bonus to Future Shine is that, on Laserbeak for example, it deepened the red paint and made him nice and glossy.

5. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I've also found Future to work the best. Every nail polish I have tried eventually wears off, but Future is pretty tough once it has dried. I've bought plenty of figures cheap because someone tried using superglue and wound up doing it wrong and fused a joint together permanently. Super glue will work, but Future is less risky.

6. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is "Johnson Klear" floor shine the same thing as "Pledge with Future Shine"?

I'm in the UK and it's bloody hard to find it. Is there an alternative that's not discontinued and therefore cheaper e.g. Pledge Klear Multi-surface wax?

7. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

I've also moved to floor polish. Super glue messes up the plastic, and nail polish eventually flakes away.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This might help

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    NEVER PUT IT BACK UNTIL IT IS 100% DRY unless you want to do what ebeforei did to there Ultra Magnus and wrench the arms off.

and sockets is better than ball joints as it does not show.

That floor polish is OK but it's not perfect. I don't think it sets hard enough if you get a good stiff nail poilsh that should be more hard wearing.

Thin coats of acrylic varnish can work too.

10. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I might give future stuff a try. I usually use nail polish but u gave super glue a try on my rotf superion a joints and it looks kinda ugly