Been out of the loop, what leaked info is actually true?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't been able to keep up. Can anyone provide a summary of the true leaked info?

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Everything is a lie.

3. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    I thought the cake was the only lie. :O

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Everything is delicious cake. :p 

5. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guess no one is willing to help a fellow fan out. Guess I'm not popular or liked enough.

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
  7. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

pretty much everything is just speculation right now. nothing can be trusted with Bay's misinformation campaign.

8. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    if there is one

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN

9. samtheman

Knowing Bay's personality, THERE IS. Haha.

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Not sure if this is true or not, as the guy who told me it won't be able to provide proof till he's on land.

So I call this a case of "He tell me" till he proves it.
    But the shooting area after arizona will be a naval vessel with mikaela.

Allegedly, the other true stuff we know is:

Possibly no cybertron in this movie, and no flashbacks. (This seems odd since the entire movie claims more mythology and history. I'm thinking it's a case of right arm not talking to left arm, and will change.)

The allspark shard plays a factor, as well as the symbols on the bots and more history of the bots and mythologies.

Takes place 2 years after the first movie.

Devastator is in it with 7 cons to form him. According to the TFW Insider, and Toy Reports.

Megatron is a tank with one weak arm, as he had lost his entire arm in the first movie as seen while he was dumped in the ocean. Potentially a him choking sam scene.

Barricade is back as an Audi R8.

The surviving autobot cast is back.

Arcee is in it, probably rode by mikaela at some point as suggested from the walmart video and her biker leathers. Arcee is a bike, her two bike buddies still unknown though hinted at being minicons to bolster her, or other bots entirely. She may or may not reformat later, either those addons reformat with her, or they die. No clear confirmation of them combining to form her, or are essential to that function.

Sam goes to college at princeton, and starts freaking out at his ever growing unnatural knowledge. Something about another artifact and sam's exposure to the small allspark at the end of movie 1.(Philly film girl confirmed plus call sheets)

Jetfire is in it. Potentially starting out as a con. Though quickly back to autobot.
    Discovered in the smithsonian. Call sheets show he has a decepticon logo, but he leaves with the humans who discover him, plus considering his prior personalities, not a far reach that he would question why the freaking out, or do an entire calm down I'm harmless spiel, similiar to that G1 episode. Onset reports cite Simmons screaming Decepticon.

Sideswipe is the Corvette we saw. (Potentially without sunstreaker, as streaker was in the IDW comics before swipe, mirrors it fairly well that way.)

Jetfire combines with prime. (as much as I want this to be disinformation, I already know it's true, it's back pack style if the legends toys are any indication. Think Galaxy force Sonic Convoy.) When and as to why or where this happens is unknown.

There will be some naval vessel scenes. (Rumor, proof coming soon maybe? Coronado reports only suggest dreamworks title, still no direct proof of what they are going to be actually filming there.)

Sam has his hand hurt in the movie, potentially(rumor) replaced by something not so organic.

Soundwave is in it, though we don't know an alt as of yet. According to TFW Insider it's a Satellite from cybertron at first, then a truck like vehicle.

The Fallen is in it, with the video games nodding the original 13, whereas it's unknown if the movie will. (Verified by several sources, and insiders. Including the comic scribes, and game staff.) Now whether this is an actual new bot mode entirely, or just a persona that overtake megatron has yet to be revealed.

Everything else more or less has a large amount of speculation behind it, those are about the only facts that are almost guaranteed to be true.

Besides a bit of world hopping by the autobots, some scenes in egypt, china and more.
    Ice Cream Truck is still officially unknown to which side, but speculation has said autobot, though I personally think decepticon, no one on set can confirm or deny either faction. All we do know is that he has no care of being seen by various humans, and follows in the arcee chase. Suggested twins later may be something else entirely, or the same, but there has been no clear proof of this. They either potentially reformat, or those two are something else as throwaway characters.

Another rumor is that there are more than one set of 'twins' in the factions.

All the other info I know has yet to be proven, or is solely rumor for now, among other instances of 'he tell me' and "shouldn't say"
    So these are the bare essentials that I can vouch for, besides the naval vessel bit, which I'm only including at the insistence of that source inspite of no proof.
    If this source is proven, it also fits in with philly girl's statement of megatron strangling sam. Possibly even the film ending with sam in decepticon hands. (Pun not intended.) And Mikaela looking to save him. This right here is all conjecture, though Philly film girl has proven reliable with her previous remarks and videos.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's Michael Bay's AWESOME™ Misinformation Campaign that involves fake scripts, fake sets, fake props, fake actors, fake set photos, fake set videos, fake vehicles provided by fake car companies, fake leaked designs, fake interviews with fake comic book company employees about fake upcoming comics, and fake information posted by a fake screenwriter on this very board.

A thoroughly planned, orchestrated, multi-million dollar misinformation campaign just for the sake of fooling a bunch of fanboys on the interwebs. Totally worth it.

12. samtheman

Yeah, you basically just pulled all that out of your ass. Theres still a bunch of stuff we don't know for sure, for instance, weather the ice cream truck is on the Autobots or Decepticons side, so I'd say Bay is doing a pretty good job of fooling a bunch of fan boys right now. Why you ask? So that people will watch his movie and be surprised.

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a huge difference between information not getting out and a deliberate misinformation campaign.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    We'll find out next june. Let's leave it at that.

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:

well. said. Its kinda sad some ppl want to know everything about the movie, script, and everything else before seeing it.

16. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Next year, when the movie is out, there's gonna be a lot of people insisting "IT COULD HAVE BEEN FAKE THERE WAS NO WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE!"

17. Optimus Hotdog

Optimus Hotdog Active Member

The Audi R8 is Barricade... Arcee is in, three bikes all with holograms merge... soundwave is in, leaks indicate that he's going to be a soundlaser, like the thing the new Incredible Hulk move... Megatron is back but this time as a tank... Ravage is in... Sidesipe is the silver Corvette... the icecream truck (AKA - The Twins) will later change modes and becomes the two small supper minis! Jetfire is an Autobot and will later merge with Prime to form a super transformer probably to combat Deverstater who is also confirmed!!! that is rumored to be the center piece of the film!!!

18. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Dude no offense meant but do you have self esteem issues I recall you having a similar reaction when nobody would PM you images of the leaked Beachcomber pic that Kickback flashed for only a few seconds.....

19. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I was going to point that out as well, he should stop saying that and acting as a victim.

20. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Err, much of this was just the fanmade stuff and fake stuff already proven false, mixed with some true stuff, and some unproven as yet theories. ^^;;
    Devs Gestalt has been confirmed, no certainty as yet to name though honestly. The 'center piece' of the film is the battle with the fallen. Potentially prime or jet prime vs the fallen. Other rumors include more Artifacts of cybertronian origin, and the allspark shard being how prime and jetfire can merge. (Hence it may not be used during the devastator fight with reason.) Other statements suggest prime will be more Prime like, but no statements as to what that means. The Hotrod script with matrix has been proven to be false, which means the sound laser is probably also false and was just early speculation/early production thoughts. It's also been suggested that bonecrusher & Brawlstator's carcasses may make a return. Allegedly megatron has minimal screen time, but this has not been explained if that means megatron's personality is dormant, or if he is being rebuilt for the duration of this movie.
    There's also some corporation who has ties to cybertronian technology somehow, or is attempting to research it. No clear confirmation if this is subcontracted from the government or an independant party. Also no confirmation on what they cause or do.

He wanted a summary of the 'proven true' info though, which is why I left a lot of those theories off that have come from reliable sources and other outlets.

Oh, and more Decepticonese spoken again, minimal english probably cept during human interaction or fear imposing natures.
    Another rumor also suggest prowl is somewhere in the movie.