Been away for a While, Transformers Releases and Questions???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lostnfound, Apr 3, 2011.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

I've been away from the Transformer scene for a while and came back to see some new things and I have a few questions about the Dark of the Moon line.

- On TF wiki, it doesn't have the legends set anymore, it has some lines I've never seen/heard of before and goes right to deluxe. Is it discontinued?

- Do we know when the first wave of DOTM is gonna hit the stores? It should be pretty soon right I mean, we only have roughly 2 or so months until the movie itself is out. I'm anxious for s.prime, ironhide, shockwave, etc. I would like to know when they are expected to release!

- In general, what are some of the biggest anticipations of the already announce figures?

- and what's the deal with some of the new lines/modifications to the lines of toys? For instance, what's the split between basic and deluxe HA line about? what are the legion, commander, action set, and playset lines? I've never heard of them. Are they like the FAB gimmicky lines or what?

Thanks in advance!!

2. lostnfound

no one?

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    - Cyberverse is replacing the Legends. They're like Legends but very slightly larger and more complex (emphasis on very slightly), and at larger price points they come with playsets and stuff. Legion, Commander, etc are all part of the Cyberverse subset, with the Mechtech subset being the "normal sized" mainline toys.

- Most anticipated? Uh, that's based on opinion, but Leader Sentinel Prime, Voyager Shockwave, and Voyager Skyhammer seem to have a lot of hype. Some people are excited for Voyager Megatron too, and I'm excited for the new Deluxe Barricade

- the HA Basics are just regular scout class figures, but designed to hold HA-sized human figures and come with nice C-clip weapons for play value with other toys. The Basics don't seem to be based on movie characters.

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

To add on to the previous post:
    -The toys have a street date of May 16
    -What Legends set are you talking about?

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what you're referring to either. Is it one of these?

Dark of the Moon Mystery Legends Figures Surface - Transformers News - TFW2005

Toys ‘R’ Us Exclusive Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse Legion 4-Pack - Transformers News - TFW2005

New Dark of the Moon Legion 3-Pack Images Surface - Transformers News - TFW2005

100% confirmed for 5/16/2011 per the DOTM "Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime". I just saw an entire endcap of these ("limited edition", my arse) at TRU last week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For me, SHOCKWAVE!!!, and the NASCAR TFs which are a given for my transforming sports cars collection. But I've tried to avoid movie spoilers, including upcoming toy releases. So I couldn't tell you about fan anticipation for the others since I avoid all threads discussing DOTM toys.

Pass on this one as well.

6. lostnfound

Thanks guys.

And just as another quick question, is the cyberverse replacing the scouts too, because I don't recall seeing anything on those either.

7. Abrogate

News Credits:
    the HA Basics are the same level of complexity as Scouts, but at a higher price point since they come with human figures. Probably more like PCCs.

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

There are also Cyberverse commanders, who are roughly scout-sized.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Legion replaces Legends, Commanders replace Scouts, if I understand it correctly.

10. Abrogate

News Credits:
    I think Commanders still have Legends-level complexity/design aesthetic, though

11. lostnfound

Ok, awesome. I can't wait to get my Leader Ironhide though! :)