Beelzeboss Growing Pains (Goldbug) Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Rubicon, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon Rubi Red

News Credits:
    This a review of the Beelzeboss Growing Pains kit. Please be kind this is my first review of a product. I didn't find one on the boards so I thought I would give it a try. Apologize now for any crappy pics.

First off the kit comes in a small box with some pretty cool artwork of the finished product after installing to a Bumblebee mold.
    [​IMG]

Open the box and you find the head and two small pistols stored neatly in a foam insert.
    [​IMG]

I think for the Devil Horns kit you needed to pop off the original head and then pop the custom head in place. For this one the head comes on a peg, so all you have to do is unscrew the peg with original head and then screw on the new custom head with peg attached. (Hope that made sense.)

Here are some pics of the kit on a United Bumblebee.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall I really like this kit. The pistols I think are a great fit size wise for the figure. The head has some nice smooth lines with great detail that stay true to the original figure. My only complaint would be that the color of the head is a dark blue. If it would have been just a little bit lighter I would be 100% happy with the kit.

And of course some comparison pics with the Renderform Gold Scout kit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In comparison:
    Like I mentioned earlier I thought the Beelzeboss head was too dark. I like the shade of the blue used in the Renderform kit better, but the Beelzeboss head seems to blend a little better with its darker color at least on the United BB. The Beezleboss head has soft detailed lines while the Renderform kit has an edgier more agressive feel to it. I think the pistols are a better fit for a deluxe figure its size. So for me the Beezleboss pistols wins indefinitely and the head wins also, but just barely.

2. Rapido3

Rapido3 Well-Known Member

Good review, thanks. I'm going with the Beelzeboss kit myself.

3. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    Nice review mate - I went for the Beelzeboss kit myself and I'm very happy. I also think the smaller guns are more suited to the figure and I prefer this headsculpt.

4. Prime Evil

Prime Evil Renegade

sweet, I was looking for a comparison with the two heads. Gonna go with Beezleboss.

5. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I am very happy with my Growing Pains kit - I can't wait to see more about the Red Alert head that they're working on.

6. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good review! Thanks for the comparison with the Renderform version. I didn't realize they were so different.

I missed out on that, though, so I went with Growing Pains. And yeah, it's a nice kit. I did a little review as well, posted here: Collecting Toys...: Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Upgrade Kit for United Bumblebee

Oh rly!? :) 

7. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

8. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I like Renderform's stuff, but this was one set that I had to go a different route, and it paid off.

The Beezleboss set is made with a shinier plastic (or painted) so that it is a better match to the original figure that everyone is applying the upgrade to. It's very similar to the difference in plastic when comparing the Transformers Prime First Edition figures. Compare the Hasbro figure to the corresponding Takara figure, and you will immediately understand the difference in plastic quality.

Renderform's set does have the more "updated" and edgier look, but is made of a more "candle wax" type plastic. Very soft looking. I love the fact that the face is visible underneath the visor though.

The pistols on the Beezleboss set are very nice too. Made of a very similar plastic as the head, but in a graphite color. Small, and yet dangerous looking, they are a great match for GoldBug.

Awesome set overall! Highly recommended. Glad I was able to score the Bumblebee in time for the upgrade!

9. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Not to bring this thread back to life, but I ordered it yesterday and send payment today and hopefully get it next week. And also last weekend I brought a RTS Bumblebee to make probably the most simplest custom ever with this upgrade head, but I might tweak it a bit though.