Beedle to hit silver screen?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ravenxl7, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    MuggleNet | The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Fansite - Deathly Hallows, Half-Blood Prince, JK Rowling, and much more
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Is WB just looking for another way to get money out of the franchise before it's over? Most likely, but that really isn't a bad thing imo. Especially if it means we'll be getting a motion picture version of this book. I could see it working really well. Basically make each as a small movie, but put them together to make one long movie, and introduce each story as though the audience is reading the book itself. Would be even cooler if they would then insert a little bit of Dumbledore's commentary at the end of each story. They could even film Gambon sitting in the Headmaster's Office set saying some of the commentary. The more I think about this, the more I hope it's true. What do you guys/gals think?

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why short movies? I've seen some full length movies based on short stories. This way WB can maybe get another 7 (or however stories are in the book) movies out of HP.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, I personally can't see any of the 5 stories making good full length movies. If they could do it successfully and not have any of them be too boring, I'd be ok with it, but as-is I can't imagine it being done. Basically it's one of those things I'll have to see to believe. If they were to make each one it's own full length movie, they would then make for a great DVD box set. They could even make the box look like the ancient copy of the book described in HPDH. On a side note, I can't wait to see what WB comes up with once all 8 movies are done. It's going to be one expensive box set, but it'll be worth it, imo.

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't read the book so I don't know how the others are, but the one that was described in HP:D H seemed like it could be expanded enough to be at least a 90 minute movie.