Heavy/Scratch: ...because there aren't enough Shockwave customs on the board...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by slackerforhire, May 1, 2011.

1. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's another!

Same recipe as nearly everyone else - Energon Shockblast mold (I jumped on a ridiculously cheap incomplete Sixshot) and Dropshot's arms and cannon. I added part of the cannon from Marvel Crossover's Iron Man 2 Iron Man Hummer (who was turned into my Roadbuster. For the wires, I used a Marvel Legends Sentinel tentacle, removing the posable wires from the center of them for ultimate flexability.

Paints used were Testor's Acryl Grape Pearl, Purple Pearl, Glossy Black, and Gun Metal.

I tried painting by using SQ7's suggestion of combining the paint with the Future Finish, and am really happy with the results. I didn't have a clear layout of how I wanted to paint this, and I don't know about anyone else, but I think it has a real "War for Cybertron-y" feel to it. I thought breifly about doing a clear flat coat over parts or all of it, but the more I look at it, I just really like the shinyness of it.

Special thanks to hXcpunk23 for extra guidance on fitting Dropshot's arms to Sixshot/Shockblast's shoulders.

My apologies for the poor-quality camera-phone shots - my good camera is on loan. I'll update the thread with better pics soon!

As always, constructive comments/criticism are welcome ;) 

Thank you for looking!

***4/4/11 EDIT: Added several more photos with the better camera (hopefully you can tell a difference!). I still haven't quite got the lighting right, because the main purple of his body is actually somewhere between the first three pics, which have a bit too much blue to them, and the following pics which have a little more red-ish hue... but I'm sure you get the gist of it***

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Awesome! I Love the colours you choose!

3. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

Purple, Purple, Purple! Looks cool. :) 

4. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this looks god. man i need to finish mine.

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I like the Dropshot arms, I actually see more with Jetfire/Treadshot limbs, I like the extra bulk the DS arms add to yours!

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    This turned out GREAT, man! I've been looking forward to seeing it since you mentioned it to me. Excellent work! I agree that the colors you chose are great and they really pop.

7. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks LimeWire! I'm pretty sure I saw the grape pearl color mentioned and used on one of the many other Shockwave customs on the board... I just can't remember who used it. Anyway, I really liked the look of it. When I saw the purple pearl sitting next to it on the shelf, I figured it would compliment the grape well, and I still think it does :) 

Thank you very much!

Thanks! Get crackin' on it! This board needs more Shockwaves!!

I know exactly what you're talking about. The Jetfire/Treadshot definitely seem to be more popular, but I like both of those characters too much to sacrifice either for a custom... and while I do like the Dropshot mold a lot, I have a Cybertron Defense Scattorshot, which I like so much more than Dropshot, so I had no problem dismantling DS. Plus, I really like the added bulk of the DS arms, too!

Thanks so much, and I'm happy you approve of the end result! Thanks again for the guidance - I really appreciate it!