By Generation: "Beautiful" Reveal the Shield Tracks Modification

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by seali_me, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I love Classics Tracks. He's just way too beautiful to leave him stumpy like that.

This modification is easy. Maybe five cuts from what I remember. Initially, I didn't want to cut from the back so don't mind the other cuts. That way just didn't work when transforming back to car mode:

[​IMG]

Remove these four screws:

[​IMG]

Cut (save this piece that you cut off. In case you mess up):

[​IMG]

Cut as well:

[​IMG]

You end up with this (don't cut the middle screw holders):

[​IMG]

Cut here and the cut the flap:

[​IMG]

Cut and cut the flap:

[​IMG]

When you're finished, the shoulder sliders should look like the photo below. Cut and carve a groove. (If you cut too wide and the screw head keeps on falling off, I have an idea to save your ass):

[​IMG]

Put some glue on the shoulder sliders then glue them back on the back piece as if they were set in alt mode. Just like the photo:

[​IMG]

Use one of the screws you removed.

If you carved it correctly. You should get this:

[​IMG]

If not, I hope you saved the screw holder part. If you keep reading, that will save your ass.

Use the new slider:

[​IMG]

Close gap by clicking the backpack. The missiles will hold the entire roof piece very well:

[​IMG]

Then you'll end up with this. Honestly, I was so happy finding this. RtS Tracks felt like a new toy:

[​IMG]

No secret step. For any sliders, the cut must not exceed the head:

[​IMG]

Since you did cut too wide, you can put a ring around the head and if that happened to me I'd cut a tiny piece from one of the blue screw holders and make into a ring. A readily available solution for this mistake:

[​IMG]

It's better to just glue the shoulders in place instead. That sliding mechanism has been rendered useless anyway. Make the cut on the chest pegs to allow it to peg in. Going with the screw the way I did, the lazy way, might be too difficult for some.

I decided to make a second one and that one works even better. The entire roof/head piece is now held by the missiles:

I like Wheeljack the way he is now. The difference in size makes the Wheeljack look like an entirely different mold. Leaving the shoulder sliders in does the same as well. Although I did do another modification on him giving him a slight increase in height:

[​IMG]

He still looks good!

[​IMG]

No problem man. Hey, I know if one of you guys have a fix, they share. Just returning it back.

Yes. You have to glue it to the back as if it the slider pieces were transformed in alt mode. Pushed inwards all the way. Yes, it doesn't move anymore. Be careful not to get any on the shoulder joint and wing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tight. Really tight, and it's the simplest solution. I'm pretty sure you don't have to go to the store and buy one just to fix it. The wife said it was weird seeing me using Scotch tape on a Transformer.

Not just the ankles. Pretty much every ball joint. My second copy - this one - went to work with me one day and loosened up within a day.

Yup and it works. It doesn't loosen up either; you can't even tell:

[​IMG]

I'm not too sure how this will affect the plastic. I suspect before the plastic gives or god forbid stretches, the tape itself would first. So far though, after three days of playing with it. Nothing and I still don't see signs of it loosening up. I don't see any flaking either. I put the smooth non-sticky side against the ball joint.

As always, with my customs it's easy to do. Anyone can do it. Plus you don't need to buy or add anything.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.