Beast Wars Transmetals Toys Worth?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by hulk23869, Dec 5, 2010.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

Just picked up a lot of BWT case fresh toys from ebay. The guy said he's kept the items stored in a box for 13 years and he only opened the box a couple times to take pics. All items are MOSC. They're all transmetals and they are Cheetor, Rattrap, Rattrap (wal-mart), Rhinox, Air Razor, Terrorsaur, Tarantulaus, and Waspinator. I picked up the whole set for 130 including shipping. I'm not a huge toy collector, but I'm just getting into it with Beast Wars, because it's my favorite series. So do you guys think I made a good purchase?

Attached Files:

• BW.jpg
      BW.jpg
      File size:
      39.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

$10 a figure, yeah I'd say that's a fair deal by any standards. Some are worth more than others in there, so it probably evens itself out.

Is there any flaking on any of them btw?

3. hulk23869

Thanks for your reply. I haven't gotten them in the mail yet, but the guy sais they're all in brand new condition with nothing wrong on any of them, except for a small crease on terrorsaurs card. When I get them in the mail what can I do to preserve them? I was thinking zip lock bags? Maybe get them AFA graded, but that might cost way too much.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

IMO AFA grading these sorts of figures is overkill a bit, but hey if you can afford it! Really, I'm just getting my post in before everyone else throws in "tear 'em open!"

5. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Normally, I'd be the first to say this! However, some Transmetals suffer terribly from Cyber-Psoriasis (chrome flaking) with little encouragement and I personally think that in this instance you'd be better off leaving them boxed where they can stay nice and shiny.

Nice buy by the way. I think you paid about the right price.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Nice find and you paid a fair price, and I agree sending them to the AFA for grading would be a waste.

I am a fervent non MISBer so if it was me id open them up in a heart beat but the call is yours.

7. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I definitely would not get them graded. The flaking can occur even in sealed specimens. I have a sealed TM Rattrap that I could use as a snow globe!!!!

8. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Nice purchase dude! I have only Transmetals BW figures and a few Transmetal 2 figs. And I like my Beast Wars collection that way. I think you made an excellent purchase. Although my opinion is like considered contrary to popular opinion so I'll say it anyways. Tear them open and enjoy them!

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    It's a good purchase. Really it's up to you in regards to what to do with them, but I echo what everyone else has said in that AFA would be a waste.

I'd open them.

10. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    If they are as immaculate as the seller says, I'd keep them in their packages and look for loose figures on eBay. Whatever you decide to do, I do want to say you made a great purchase.

11. hulk23869

Thanks everyone. I think I will keep them in their original packaging and leave them boxed up "case fresh." I already have a few of these loose from when I was much younger. I will update you guys when I get the figures in the mail.